Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members,

Can you please help me with the sample format for resume/cv amd covering letter thats suitable to apply for jobs in Australia.

I am a software tester and it would be a great help if you ppl can help me in the australian format for CV and covering letter.

Thank you,
Ram

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Members,

Can you please help me with the sample format for resume/cv amd covering letter thats suitable to apply for jobs in Australia.

I am a software tester and it would be a great help if you ppl can help me in the australian format for CV and covering letter.

Thank you,
Ram
Reverse chronological CV mate. It isn't uncommon here to have CVs 4 pages long (which is something completely alien to me coming from the UK market!!!). Short synopsis at the beginning, key skills, job history and achievements, then qualifications at the end.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Reverse chronological CV mate. It isn't uncommon here to have CVs 4 pages long (which is something completely alien to me coming from the UK market!!!). Short synopsis at the beginning, key skills, job history and achievements, then qualifications at the end.
I've not seen many 4 pages long CVs in the UK neither...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
There is nothing known as an Aussie format, it’s a misconception and people fall for it. Please make sure every time you apply for a job, it’s key responsibilities and job description should have similar words in your resume and in your cover letter as well. First round of resume selection is done by a software and it looks for selected words in your resume. As long as you have them you should be fine.

And most importantly please make sure your resume is short, concise and sweet, max 2-3 pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jtsl9
1 - 5 of 5 Posts