Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am currently in Australia on 457 Visa and moved 4 months back to Autralia. My Family (spouse and children) are in India. I am planning to file for the PR. Should all the applicants (Family members) be at same location when filing for PR? Can I file PR as a single application for all with me being in Australia and family in India?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi, I am currently in Australia on 457 Visa and moved 4 months back to Autralia. My Family (spouse and children) are in India. I am planning to file for the PR. Should all the applicants (Family members) be at same location when filing for PR? Can I file PR as a single application for all with me being in Australia and family in India?
All family members doesn't need to be in the same location.

It is advisable as it is cheaper and takes less time to apply as a family compared to single and then bringing family members.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.. Does that need that i need to apply for myself (single) to start with as we are in different locations and then file for the family from INdia once my PR gets approved?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No, it would be much cheaper and easier to include your family in your application as migrating dependents. To apply later for a spouse visa (including dependent children), takes a lot longer (12-15 months) and will cost considerably more. A spouse visa is $7000 for the spouse and additional fees for the children.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have submitted EOI with 70 points (189) and 75 points (190 - NSW) on 8th Jul'17 (261312 Developer Programmer).

Anyone able to tell/guess when can I can expect invitation from immi?

Thanks,
Sundar

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thank you for the response.. Does that need that i need to apply for myself (single) to start with as we are in different locations and then file for the family from INdia once my PR gets approved?
No, you include them in the visa application together. It doesn't matter where one is. DIBP doesn't care about location as already mentioned.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have submitted EOI with 70 points (189) and 75 points (190 - NSW) on 8th Jul'17 (261312 Developer Programmer).

Anyone able to tell/guess when can I can expect invitation from immi?

Thanks,
Sundar
July 12-Aug 23. Most likely tonight or 26 July.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts