Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,

I am an Indian, currently working in south Africa. As i want to apply for the 189 PR (Australia), I would like to know some information regarding the downside and benefits of applying from from non native country(South Africa rather than India) to Australia.

I would be greatly appreciated if someone explain about the visa process with regard to applying center.

Gonee

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Dear Forum,

I am an Indian, currently working in south Africa. As i want to apply for the 189 PR (Australia), I would like to know some information regarding the downside and benefits of applying from from non native country(South Africa rather than India) to Australia.

I would be greatly appreciated if someone explain about the visa process with regard to applying center.

Gonee
It doesn't matter from where you apply whether your native or no- native country.

1. Get your occupation assessed from the assessing authority:

For 189 Visa: Skilled Occupations List (SOL)
For 190 Visa: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work...ng-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

2. Get required points : Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) Points Test

You may need to get 6+ to 8+ points in English depending on your points requirements.

3. Submit Expression of Interest : SkillSelect

Then once you get invite, you can proceed with Forms, Medicals and Visa applications, but that's for later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts