Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I shall be grateful if I could get a right advise.

I got my PR 4 months ago along with my wife and we are supposed to make our first entry by start November. Just a day after we got PR, we discovered that my wife is expecting a baby. We planned to move to Australia permanently in July. But immediately the health conditions of my wife turned to severe due to pregnancy and doctor advised to avoid travel at all until delivery (she is hospitalized and is expected to remain hospitalized until delivery). Delivery of the baby is expected in September.

After the delivery my wife won't be able to travel without baby and getting visa for baby may delay beyond November which will cause cancellation of my wife's PR.

Kindly advise any right solution for the matter.

Em
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Please get in touch with your case officer/ Team - whoever's email you may have. Make sure to substantiate your reasons with enough documentary proof as may be relevant.
In case of genuine issues, you may be relieved of the first entry date.

I can share my experience in this context - I had missed my IED and had genuine reason for it. Had requested the relevant team from who I had got my PR and was eventually mailed a facilitation letter, which essentially relieves the condition of IED.

Please understand this is not something recommendable as this may not be the outcome on each and every case and moreover in my case I had mailed them after missing my IED, hence not too sure how they will approach your scenario. I reckon you will be asked to wait until you actually miss the IED deadline.

Wish you all the very best and good health to you family.
Best wishes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Getting the IED extended is difficult but can be done in exceptional circumstances. I don't mean to sound harsh, but a reason of "my wife can't travel without the baby" may not be sufficient. If your wife is medically unfit to travel until after the IET, that would be more likely approved vs. not wanting to be apart from the baby for a couple of days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: girlaussie

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
After September she would still have 2 months to meet her IED, if it's really the health condition which won't allow her to travel even after delivery then it could be taken into account by DIBP, but this does not look appropriate that she won't travel without baby ( I know exactly what it's like when you are a mom) but as a matter of fact she doesn't need to stay in Australia during her visa validation trip, she can take next flight right after entering Australia.

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top