Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need some help in understanding the process for Australian PR. I have applied for job category Training and Development Professionals - 223311 and it is now more then 2 years and I am still waiting. I have got positive assessment and also have more then 7 bands in PTE academic. But now my agent is telling me that I need to wait for State sponsorship and without that I cannot apply for Expression of Interest (EOI). My job category is not showing in any State currently. I am totally blank here and do not understand what to do next. Can anyone please help me here as I am tired of waiting and need some guidance to proceed further. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your occupation is only available for sponsorship through South Australia but Special Conditions Apply (Special conditions apply)

Your options are to:
- keep waiting, but the situation may not change
- look for what may be required to apply under another occupation
- look at the possibility of another visa (perhaps student visa in South Australia so you can then meet the special conditions)

Reactions: anoops87

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do we know when is the next list coming out. If I apply under another occupation then I will have to go through all the process again and it will again take time. I have already spent 2 years. I have worked in Australia (3 months on business visa and 11 months on work visa), does this help or not ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

I need some help in understanding the process for Australian PR. I have applied for job category Training and Development Professionals - 223311 and it is now more then 2 years and I am still waiting. I have got positive assessment and also have more then 7 bands in PTE academic. But now my agent is telling me that I need to wait for State sponsorship and without that I cannot apply for Expression of Interest (EOI). My job category is not showing in any State currently. I am totally blank here and do not understand what to do next. Can anyone please help me here as I am tired of waiting and need some guidance to proceed further. Thanks in advance.
Same here, would you mind sharing your email address, so I could directly get in touch with you. I am also in the same situation. Assessment + IELTS done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's a bit strange because the occupation was open last year in ACT until December. I have the list from a friend.

Can anyone clarify whether the occupation was open last year?? Iam now confused & worried after reading anoops87 post :confused2:

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Same here! I am feeling so much upset and depressed when thinking how much hope I had of this life changing event... I am hunting for stats to findout the whether it will open up this year!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a bit strange because the occupation was open last year in ACT until December. I have the list from a friend.

Can anyone clarify whether the occupation was open last year?? Iam now confused & worried after reading anoops87 post :confused2:
Dont get confused guys, what I meant was I started the processes last August 2014. So by the time i received the positive OC the states were closed. Now I am waiting till the states to open up to lodge my EOI and apply for SS. After reading anoops87 I feel depressed thinking why did I apply for a closed occupation and waste my time and money... Sorry...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Unfortunately no one can predict when the DIBP or state lists will change, or when visa criteria will be adjusted. Many people start the process and then find their options close or shift based on government changes. That's why most people will recommend applying when you have the chance vs. waiting. What you can do now is wait to see if the lists change again and open up some possibilities, or retrain or gain experience towards another occupation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Maggie, so all boils down to luck :blush: let's keep thread updated with info as an when we receive them so all here can benefit as we all apply for the same category.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello everyone,
Does anyone got invite yet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Waiting for 223311 to open

·
Registered
159 Posts
223311 Experience

Any body please guide related to experience in 223311 occupation.

Its mandatory to have experience in Army/Navy training's for SS or its only general training experience requirement.

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts