Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen who is currently living and working in Egypt, I will be finishing my contract soon and kind of between the decision of going back to Australia or going to London using a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.

My main concerns about coming to London are:

- If I am using the Youth Mobility Scheme visa, will I be able to land a job easily or not?
- Can I land a job before arriving? If yes where is a good way to start looking online? I am guessing I will need to look for temp jobs?
- Is there any program that I can join to make things easier? I see some programs online that might help and sort out the move for you?
- Will you recommend me making that move without any doubts? As I have nothing to lose career wise?

I have been working professionally at a multinational company in Egypt for a year and a half so I have some professional experience.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
H

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen who is currently living and working in Egypt, I will be finishing my contract soon and kind of between the decision of going back to Australia or going to London using a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.

My main concerns about coming to London are:

- If I am using the Youth Mobility Scheme visa, will I be able to land a job easily or not?
- Can I land a job before arriving? If yes where is a good way to start looking online? I am guessing I will need to look for temp jobs?
- Is there any program that I can join to make things easier? I see some programs online that might help and sort out the move for you?
- Will you recommend me making that move without any doubts?

I have been working professionally at a multinational company in Egypt for a year and a half so I have some professional experience.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
H

As long as you have a visa which allows you to work you don't have any road blocks to getting work. Other than that a YMS doesn't make it any easier or harder to get a job than anyone else who can legally work in the UK.

Unless you are some kind of superstar in your field, you will not be able to secure a job before you arrive in the UK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you have a visa which allows you to work you don't have any road blocks to getting work. Other than that a YMS doesn't make it any easier or harder to get a job than anyone else who can legally work in the UK.

Unless you are some kind of superstar in your field, you will not be able to secure a job before you arrive in the UK.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Is there any website that is good for looking for temp/short term jobs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.