Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am trying for Australian Migration and was going through the point based skilled Migration. Could see that if the job for which I selected is not relevant to educational qualification, points would not be awarded for the educational qualification. Say for e.g:If I have educational qualification in Electronics and Instrumentation (b tech - have some papers in Computer Science as part of syllabus) but I am working as a Software Engineer with 6.5 yrs of experience in an MNC. I guess points would not be awarded in this case. If you have more information on this...could you please advise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi All,

I am trying for Australian Migration and was going through the point based skilled Migration. Could see that if the job for which I selected is not relevant to educational qualification, points would not be awarded for the educational qualification. Say for e.g:If I have educational qualification in Electronics and Instrumentation (b tech - have some papers in Computer Science as part of syllabus) but I am working as a Software Engineer with 6.5 yrs of experience in an MNC. I guess points would not be awarded in this case. If you have more information on this...could you please advise.
Yes, in order to claim points for education the qualification must be in the same nominated occupation for which you are applying for.
Regards,
Roposh

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,
There is a high probability that acs will deduct 4 years from your work experience since your education is not closely related to your work . In that case , you wouldn't be able to claim points for work experience. You should be preparing yourself to score 8( in all modules ) in IELTS. This will give you an additional 20 point and will cover up for the work experience points ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts