Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,
I currently have an IT job in India and received my VISA grant letter on 13th May. If i get a job offer , what is the expected time in which i need to join for most of the companies?
I am not planning to leave my current job. Once i get an offer, i will resign from my company. Companies here have a notice period of 2 months. What is the expected time frame we need to join a company in Australia?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

As such there is no fixed timeframe for companies. However most of the advertised jobs are contracting in nature, they want candidates to join with in a 15 days or so. Contracting jobs always generate based on the required and mostly not mapped with future resource planning of the organisation.Need based job published by employer look for candidates to join ASAP. I would say normally one month time could be considered by employer for candidate to join though it all depends condition to condition.Its somebody applying from overseas then tend employer tend to be bit cautious while giving the joining time.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
HI ,
I currently have an IT job in India and received my VISA grant letter on 13th May. If i get a job offer , what is the expected time in which i need to join for most of the companies?
I am not planning to leave my current job. Once i get an offer, i will resign from my company. Companies here have a notice period of 2 months. What is the expected time frame we need to join a company in Australia?
No oz IT company will wait for 2 months unless you have some skill which is very rare. More than enough candidates are in the market looking for jobs and ready to join very next day.

Moreover, notice period in oz is just 1 month so a local candidate can resign and join in just 1 month unlike candidates from india who will atleast take 2 months.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree, it's is very difficult to get the company which can wait for 2 months. I found notice period of a Indian companies as one of the biggest hurdle for the person who want to apply sitting overseas.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I agree, it's is very difficult to get the company which can wait for 2 months. I found notice period of a Indian companies as one of the biggest hurdle for the person who want to apply sitting overseas.
Increasing number of indian IT companies now are moving towards 3 months notice period...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts