Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

How can we get our Australian Experience Assessed. Do we just submit our offer letter and documents at submission(On invite) or do we need to get it assessed from ACS. In either case what documents are required. Many Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Shashank

·
Registered
22,815 Posts
Hi All,

How can we get our Australian Experience Assessed. Do we just submit our offer letter and documents at submission(On invite) or do we need to get it assessed from ACS. In either case what documents are required. Many Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Shashank
The skills assessment agency and the process depends on your Anzsco code

If you’re serious about migrating, go through this thread carefully and all the links given therein

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/a...-australia-what-you-need-know-read-first.html

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Life scientist assessment

Hi guys pls I need a clarification . My wife study Human physiology and she has about three weeks working experience working in a military clinic and laboratory and she have evidence of research work in same field and with letter of reference from her previous work. I am not sure if she can apply as a life Scientist nec as physiology is stated as the occupation category for the field. Pls advise

·
Registered
22,815 Posts
Hi guys pls I need a clarification . My wife study Human physiology and she has about three weeks working experience working in a military clinic and laboratory and she have evidence of research work in same field and with letter of reference from her previous work. I am not sure if she can apply as a life Scientist nec as physiology is stated as the occupation category for the field. Pls advise
Three weeks experience only ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, pls I need a clarification . My wife study Human physiology and she has about years working experience working in a military clinic and laboratory and she have evidence of research work in same field and with letter of reference from her previous work. I am not sure if she can apply as a life Scientist nec as physiology is stated as the occupation category for the field. Pls advise

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi guys, pls I need a clarification . My wife study Human physiology and she has about years working experience working in a military clinic and laboratory and she have evidence of research work in same field and with letter of reference from her previous work. I am not sure if she can apply as a life Scientist nec as physiology is stated as the occupation category for the field. Pls advise
See this document - under Group A:
https://www.vetassess.com.au/Portal...ASSESS-General-Occupation-List.pdf?v=20170704

Your wife would need at least one year of relevant post-qualification experience in the last 5 years and:

"Nomination of the “not elsewhere classified” (nec) occupation requires applicants to hold qualifications and employment which do not better fit under any other ANZSCO code. The tasks performed should also match the level, nature and general employment content of both the minor and unit group description for this occupation."

The ANZSCO description outlining the unit group / specific nec occupations is here:
https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs...87E2C8318CF4CA00CA2575DF002DA66A?opendocument

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have around 1 year of Australian experience in software development and the Anzsco Code is 261313. Should I still need to get it assessed from ACS.

Thanks
Shashank

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have around 1 year of Australian experience in software development and the Anzsco Code is 261313. Should I still need to get it assessed from ACS.

Thanks
Shashank
Yes, of course, both education and experience needs to get assessed if you want to claim it in your EOI. But how can you get 80-85 points with such short work experience? Don't waste your money and time unless you'll reach those point levels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Andrew,

I have around 5 years of Indian Work Experience and then I did my masters in Australia after which I am working here in Australia for the past 1 year. I have got my bachelor degree and work experience for 5 years assessed from ACS. But was confused if I have to get the Australian experience assessed as well.

Cheers,
Shashank

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
22,815 Posts

Thanks
Shashank
If you want to apply for migration, you have to

But make your likely points table and see if you have a realistic chance of getting an invite
The points required for an invite have gone through the roof and will only get worse in future

Then only start spending money in assessments and English tests

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts