Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to posting on this forum. I have tried searching for threads and posts looking for someone who can help rewrite our Irish CV's into Australian style ones and have come up a blank. Must be doing something wrong?? Does anybody know of a reputable person/company who could do this for us?
Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
G

·
A well written CV is a well written CV the world over. Bar putting your visa status on it it shouldn't need to be changed unless it was already poorly written!

·
Registered
346 Posts
_shel said:
A well written CV is a well written CV the world over. Bar putting your visa status on it it shouldn't need to be changed unless it was already poorly written!
Couldn't agree more. However you need to emphasize on what value you can add. Example relevant experience. Local accreditation. Don't have Ireland written all over your resume. (ex this company in Ireland. That company in ireland. Just list companies. You can go in details during the interview. )

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi

I am new to posting on this forum. I have tried searching for threads and posts looking for someone who can help rewrite our Irish CV's into Australian style ones and have come up a blank. Must be doing something wrong?? Does anybody know of a reputable person/company who could do this for us?
Thanks
this might be of some help to you.

Chronological CV - Live in Victoria

refer the attached transcript of a video as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shel

Both my husbands and my own CV were well written by myself, just to have on hand. He's been self employed for two years and I am presently working @ homemaker, having only worked part-time for a short period in the last five years. I have read on here snippets over the last year stating that the Aussie style CV/Resume is completely different to the layout etc of ours. I have googled a few companies but they are charging $200+ per CV and covering letter. If I had an idea of whats expected I could try tackle them myself?

G

·
Use this SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

Sample Resumes | Resume & Cover Letter | Career Advice | CareerOne.com.au

They are almost identical to what we'd do in the UK but little tips can help you along.

Homemaker is never going to help when applying for jobs sad as it is, I should know having major difficulty getting back in after only a year out! Being a in a part time job or voluntary work when you apply is the best thing you could do. sure they think mums sit at home sipping wine all day!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!! If only Shel :focus: Thanks very much for links AND tips, will check it all out and get working on it myself asap :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
LOL!! If only Shel :focus: Thanks very much for links AND tips, will check it all out and get working on it myself asap :)
Hi Collypads,

I've got an sample Aussie CV, which was given to me by my mate who works here. Its pretty simple and concise. I can send it to you via PM if you want it. It helped me cut down my 6 page CV down to 3 pages. Got a few calls after I revamped it to suit the Aussie Market.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Collypads,

I've got an sample Aussie CV, which was given to me by my mate who works here. Its pretty simple and concise. I can send it to you via PM if you want it. It helped me cut down my 6 page CV down to 3 pages. Got a few calls after I revamped it to suit the Aussie Market.
Can you please PM me as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Collypads,

Can you please PM me also???

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've closed this thread. If you want information from any of the posters on here then please send them a private message. To do that, you need to make at least 5 good posts and be part of the forum

Jo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.