Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question here - Do Australian recruiters/employers prefer candidate CVs in .doc or .pdf format? In other words...which format is more widely accepted?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
It doesn't matter since Outlook and most web browsers can natively read PDFs these days. Personally I prefer PDFs since I use non-standard fonts in my CVs/covering letters so it ensures that the document appears as intended. (If you use a Word document and they don't have that font, it substitutes it for another one and that can cause formatting issues on their end.)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't matter since Outlook and most web browsers can natively read PDFs these days. Personally I prefer PDFs since I use non-standard fonts in my CVs/covering letters so it ensures that the document appears as intended. (If you use a Word document and they don't have that font, it substitutes it for another one and that can cause formatting issues on their end.)
Thank you! A friend of mine, who has been staying and working in Melbourne since years, also told me to upload CVs in pdf format by default, and only upload .doc files if the employer/recruiter specifically asks for it. I just wanted to double check by posting on this forum!

Reactions: tirupoti

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Thank you! A friend of mine, who has been staying and working in Melbourne since years, also told me to upload CVs in pdf format by default, and only upload .doc files if the employer/recruiter specifically asks for it. I just wanted to double check by posting on this forum!
Yes, that's what I do as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts