Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,

I am a Pkaistani IT professional working in Saudi Arabia, I have 7 years of IT experience.

I want Australian Immigration and from the website I found that ACS Assessement is the first step for this.

My previous company is not issueing the experience letter with details as required by ACS. But my existing company will give the letter with details for ACS.

I found information regarding the Declaration of superior is acceptable.

1 - Please guide me regarding this and what will be the specified format for Declaration for ACS Assessement.

2 - Is IELTS required by ACS.

Waiting for kind response.

Munawar

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dears,

I am a Pkaistani IT professional working in Saudi Arabia, I have 7 years of IT experience.

I want Australian Immigration and from the website I found that ACS Assessement is the first step for this.

My previous company is not issueing the experience letter with details as required by ACS. But my existing company will give the letter with details for ACS.

I found information regarding the Declaration of superior is acceptable.

1 - Please guide me regarding this and what will be the specified format for Declaration for ACS Assessement.

2 - Is IELTS required by ACS.

Waiting for kind response.

Munawar
1. You need a statutory declaration to be done by superior. With this you can submit payslip as extra evidence of employment. The format can be found at following thread:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au.../440050-statutory-declaration-acs-format.html

2. IELTS is not required by ACS.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Information.

I have promotion letters and bank statement of salary account will this help with satuatory declaration.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for the Information.

I have promotion letters and bank statement of salary account will this help with satuatory declaration.
Read below from ACS assessment guidelines:
A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working
relationship with you and details of your duties performed with relevant dates of employment. It is
preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level.
Only one of the following additional documents will be required for all Statutory Declarations or
Affidavits:
 Payslip – preferably first & last payslip
 Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
 Termination Letter with corresponding dates
Employment contracts or appointment letters will NOT be accepted as evidence and only one of the 3
above mentioned documents can be submitted. All other types of supporting documentation for
Statutory Declarations or Affidavits will be assessed as unsuitable.

Page 14 https://www.acs.org.au/__data/asset...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

I do not think bank statement and promotion letters would work in this case. Try getting payslip, first and last, from previous employer. I am sure they would be able to assist with this.

Reactions: audhan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply.

I will try to get certificate and then stautory declaration from my ex. manager.

Please tell me one thing is the ACS verify all the previous employement records by email or call because some organizations have no HR departments so will it cause problem?

My current employeer have the proper HR department and employee records online. but one of my previous company have poor HR department, I am worried if the ACS officals call and my ex emplyee didn't attend or not proper information.

Kindly guide about this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
HI,

Someone I know is interested in applying and below is his case, any advise on how to proceed will help.

"Completed Bachelors Degree in Electronics and Communication in 2005 and working in an IT related field from 2008, completed Masters in IT field in 2010"

If he submits the Masters Degree certificate would the experience count from 2010 onwards or will it be right from 2008?

Thanks,

Earl

·
Registered
117 Posts
HI,

Someone I know is interested in applying and below is his case, any advise on how to proceed will help.

"Completed Bachelors Degree in Electronics and Communication in 2005 and working in an IT related field from 2008, completed Masters in IT field in 2010"

If he submits the Masters Degree certificate would the experience count from 2010 onwards or will it be right from 2008?

Thanks,

Earl

Yes they will consider after your most recent qualification 2010 , as you can see in guidelines

Employment BEFORE the qualification:

You complete 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2003 until Jan 2005

You complete another 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2006 until Jan 2008

You complete a 3 year relevant Bachelor degree in Jan 2011

You complete a final 1 year of relevant work experience from Jan 2012 until Jan 2013

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be Jan 2011 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work
experience AND the relevant qualification are completed

Only relevant work experience completed after Jan 2011 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible
for migration points test

All work experience completed before Jan 2011 is NOT eligible for migration points test.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi All,

Can you please clarify the below ACS assessment.

I have total 7 Years experience in Testing and suitable for 261314 (Software Tester) code, but as per the ACS assessment, they only considered by experience after July'12? in that case I can claim points for only 3 Years?

below is the details:

Note: Removed company names

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software Tester) of the
ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru
Technological University completed May 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF
Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 06/08 - 06/10 (2yrs 0mths)
Position: Software Trainee Engineer
Employer: 3[ghi]
Dates: 06/10 - 06/11 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: Associate Software Engineer
Employer: 2[def]
Dates: 07/11 - 03/14 (2yrs 8mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Employer: 1[abc]

·
Registered
2 Posts
ACS assessment clarification

HI All,

I am having a bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering - which is a ICT major degree and I graduated in year 2005. I started working from 2007 till date and I am working as a software engineer. Please note that I am applying for Software Engineer. So my education is not closely related to the nominated occupation. So there is a chance they can deduct 4 years of experience.

My main query is that I have completed my Masters in Information Technology Management from an Australian University in another country - UAE. I have completed Masters degree in year 2010. So will they take into consideration my experience from 2007 onwards or will they consider the experience from 2010 onwards till date ?

If they consider from 2010 onwards, then i probably may not show my masters degree and will show only my bachelors degree. Kindly advise and help me decide.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I have total 7 Years experience in Testing and suitable for 261314 (Software Tester) code, but as per the ACS assessment, they only considered by experience after July'12? in that case I can claim points for only 3 Years?
Correct, you can only claim any experience AFTER the date they say you became adequately skilled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts