Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question on my Citizenship application.

National identity card:
For applicants from India, the preferred identification for Indian nationals is the Aadhaar card.

I recently got the Aadhar card. But it has got some mistakes like:
1) My YEAR of Birth is wrong
2) My wife's LAST NAME is missing

Can anyone suggest what to do? I cannot update the Aadhar card details as they need people to be present in India to make updates to the details and not possible online.

What I think as options are:
1) Ignore the details of Aadhar card and say that I don't have National Identity card, to avoid confusion. But it's mentioned that - Delays could occur if the information is not provided.

2) Add the details of Aadhar card as it is (with mistakes to match the card info) and write a Cover Letter stating that Aadhar card details are not wrong and it can't be updated from Australia.

3) Ignore the details of Aadhar card and add the details of other National Identity Documents like - Driver's License, Marriage Certificate etc.

Please suggest based on your experience and gut feel as its an urgent situation for me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
22,819 Posts
A quick question on my Citizenship application.

National identity card:
For applicants from India, the preferred identification for Indian nationals is the Aadhaar card.

I recently got the Aadhar card. But it has got some mistakes like:
1) My YEAR of Birth is wrong
2) My wife's LAST NAME is missing

Can anyone suggest what to do? I cannot update the Aadhar card details as they need people to be present in India to make updates to the details and not possible online.

What I think as options are:
1) Ignore the details of Aadhar card and say that I don't have National Identity card, to avoid confusion. But it's mentioned that - Delays could occur if the information is not provided.

2) Add the details of Aadhar card as it is (with mistakes to match the card info) and write a Cover Letter stating that Aadhar card details are not wrong and it can't be updated from Australia.

3) Ignore the details of Aadhar card and add the details of other National Identity Documents like - Driver's License, Marriage Certificate etc.

Please suggest based on your experience and gut feel as its an urgent situation for me.

Cheers!
1. That would be giving a wrong information. Are you comfortable with that ?

2. It would carry no weight. The card has to have the correct details

3. None of these are national ID cards

What’s the tearing hurry to apply for the citizenship
There’s absolutely no difference in the lives of a pr holder vis a vis citizen except if you need security clearance to work on a government project

Get your Aadhar card corrected when you are next in india and then apply for the citizenship

As it is it takes nearly 2 years to get it now a days

Cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NB, will give a shot about yours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts