Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am preparing documentation for ACS Skills Assessment and would like to get some clarification on Australia Work Experience points.

I have been working in Australia for last 2.5 years but not continuously.

Every 4 or 5 months i need to go back to my base country for couple of months. In this context how does ACS or other authority, calculate my Australian work experience?

Will it be based on my reference letter which will have duration of each country?(i don't think so) or do i need to furnish salary slips for each month?

Please share your experience, if you were in similar situation.

Thank you.

Regards
SJ

·
Registered
25,755 Posts
Hello All,

I am preparing documentation for ACS Skills Assessment and would like to get some clarification on Australia Work Experience points.

I have been working in Australia for last 2.5 years but not continuously.

Every 4 or 5 months i need to go back to my base country for couple of months. In this context how does ACS or other authority, calculate my Australian work experience?

Will it be based on my reference letter which will have duration of each country?(i don't think so) or do i need to furnish salary slips for each month?

Please share your experience, if you were in similar situation.

Thank you.

Regards
SJ
You reference letter should show the locations exactly as they occurred even if it means a number of extra entries due to frequent trips between home country and Australia

ACS will also assess the experience based on that reference letter and once the assessment letter is issued, go through it carefully and check that all the experience locations have been mentioned separately and not missed or bunched together

When you submit the EOI, once again you will have to enter each experience separetely based on the individual location periods.
The system will automatically calculate how much time you have worked in Australia and how much offshore and give you points accordingly

Don't try to take a shortcut of bunching the experience, you will be in trouble when you submit your visa application after invite

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.