Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a new thread for same old question "Australia Vs Canada". I an new to this forum and new to the world of immigration as well. Currently stuck at very first step to decide where to migrate?
Australia or Canada ?

Here is some info on my profile:
Myself: 31 Years (turning 32 in Aug 2018), B.Tech ( Computer Science - 2008 Pass out) and MBA (Technology - 2015 Pass out)
Work Experience of 7 years in Software Development and Project Management (post MBA)

Spouse: 26 Years (turning 27 in Feb 2018), B Com (2011 Pass out) and MBA ( Finance 2013 Pass out)
Work Experience of 4 years as Sr. Process Associate

IELTS / PTE - Yet to attempt

Looking for following answers
1. Which country would have better Job opportunities for our profile?
2. Does visa processing for Aus/Canada require us to show any huge savings at any stage?
3. How long does it take to get canadian citizenship after moving there on PR?
4. Should I weigh canadian citizenship (entry to US) more than all the benefits Australia has over canada?
5. Would visa processing would be problem for us in any of these countries?

Please enlighten us

·
Administrator
50,381 Posts
I think the first thing to consider is why you want to immigrate. From your questions, I take it you're mostly interested in career development for both you and your spouse.

But let me suggest a few more things to consider.

Do you have family ties back in your home country? Consider the distances involved and the physical and emotional costs of maintaining those ties. (Especially if you and your spouse decide to start a family while living overseas.)

Do you have plans to return to your homeland either later in your career or for retirement?

You mention entry to the US from Canada - is living in the US part of your career plans?

Have you thought about the respective climates? Australia and Canada have very different climates (as I'm sure you know).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the first thing to consider is why you want to immigrate. From your questions, I take it you're mostly interested in career development for both you and your spouse.

But let me suggest a few more things to consider.

Do you have family ties back in your home country? Consider the distances involved and the physical and emotional costs of maintaining those ties. (Especially if you and your spouse decide to start a family while living overseas.)

Do you have plans to return to your homeland either later in your career or for retirement?

You mention entry to the US from Canada - is living in the US part of your career plans?

Have you thought about the respective climates? Australia and Canada have very different climates (as I'm sure you know).

Cheers,

Bev

Thanks for giving me these pointers.
Yes career building is the main reason with improved and high standard of living. I also wish to see and be part of different cultures, which can be very difficult after few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts