Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the UK but looking to move to Australia at some point in the next few years. I have an Australian friend who may be able to get me a job in Melbourne. My question is can anyone recommend a good agency to use for the VISA application process. I understand this is a time consuming and complex process - there seem to be lots of agents offering to help navigate the immigration process but I would prefer to go with one that a company that has been recommended (considering the fees involved).

thanks

Phil

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Phil,

Have you tried doing a search in the forum on this? The question comes up frequently so you should be able to find some recent posts. I used the Emigration Group but that was 6 years ago now so I've no idea what they are like now. I know that Dolly (another mod) used George Lombard.

On the forum there is SOMV and Alan Collett who are both agents.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil,

Have you tried doing a search in the forum on this? The question comes up frequently so you should be able to find some recent posts. I used the Emigration Group but that was 6 years ago now so I've no idea what they are like now. I know that Dolly (another mod) used George Lombard.

On the forum there is SOMV and Alan Collett who are both agents.

Regards,
Karen
Hi Thanks for getting back to me - I did do a search but didn't come up with anything. Will have another go - just don't want to end up with a cowboy agent

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Thanks for getting back to me - I did do a search but didn't come up with anything. Will have another go - just don't want to end up with a cowboy agent
I interviewed 3 agents in the UK (it may be cheaper to use agents in Australia depending on the exchange rate) in regards to rates and services. When I had decided on one I aslo checked their that they were registered agents on MIA or MARA - that cuts down on the cowboys.

I did a search on 'migration agent' and found quite a few threads including one asking about agents in London:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...alia/36242-good-immigration-agent-london.html

This forum is so popular that you may have to go back some months (that post was in January).

Regards,
Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts