Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gooday
I have confirmation from a number of skilled visa applicants who are offshore on being contacted by COs, for further information or requests for more information. This means the files are now being looked at /being considered for processing.
Visas confirmed so far are 189,190,491. If you hear more visa subclases kindly update others.
My advice is that kindly send back the information that is required as soon as possible. This will increase your chances of having your VISA processed early.

Dont wait for the 28 days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gooday
I have confirmation from a number of skilled visa applicants who are offshore on being contacted by COs, for further information or requests for more information. This means the files are now being looked at /being considered for processing.
Visas confirmed so far are 189,190,491. If you hear more visa subclases kindly update others.
My advice is that kindly send back the information that is required as soon as possible. This will increase your chances of having your VISA processed early.

Dont wait for the 28 days.
I wish this is true.
Waiting from 2019 with Received status. I don't want any CO contact. I have given all the required information already. Need a direct grant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish this is true.
Waiting from 2019 with Received status. I don't want any CO contact. I have given all the required information already. Need a direct grant.
Direct grant is possible if they dont need any further information from you but Some documents like Police clearance do expire after 12 months, they might need a new police clearance and also filling in Form 1399 - Declaration of service, if you had not filled it before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I dont have such information, except that some lodged their visa applications in 2020 & 2021
Here is one I just received, no grant yet

Visa 491 QLD
ANZSCO CODE : 263212
EOI: DECEMBER 2019
QLD INVITE : JANUARY 2020
VISA LODGED: FEBRUARY 2020

NO GRANT YET

CO contact 28 July 2022

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is one I just received, no grant yet

Visa 491 QLD
ANZSCO CODE : 263212
EOI: DECEMBER 2019
QLD INVITE : JANUARY 2020
VISA LODGED: FEBRUARY 2020

NO GRANT YET

CO contact 28 July 2022
Request for information from CO:
-New police clearance
-Form 1399- Declaration of service

·
Registered
26,264 Posts
Hi I am waiting since August 2019 with Received status only.I am offshore developer programmer.Any advice when I will get pr
There is light at the end of the tunnel
DHA will prioritise offshore applicants grants to reduce the shortage of skilled workers
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a lot of confusion! 2 weeks before, Home Affairs Minster mentioned the priority will be given to permanent skilled offshore applicants - 189/190. However, after couple of days Immigration Minister declared the priority will be given to temporary skilled, student and Visitor Visa. I really hope 189 has been taken into consideration and your information in accurate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a lot of confusion! 2 weeks before, Home Affairs Minster mentioned the priority will be given to permanent skilled offshore applicants - 189/190. However, after couple of days Immigration Minister declared the priority will be given to temporary skilled, student and Visitor Visa. I really hope 189 has been taken into consideration and your information in accurate.
The current government has acknowledged the Skilled Visa processing delays and is giving out confusing one or two press releases every week. But did not see any meaningful outcome. This is because people who have been waiting without any update for more than 3 years are still waiting, whereas people who lodged recently are getting their visas.

Recently Immigration minister said "745,000 visa applications have been finalised since the beginning of June 2022, including over 645,000 offshore visa applications. This includes 388,000 visitor visas, 62,000 student visas and 9,550 temporary skilled visas"

If the visas are finalised, what is stopping them from releasing the results?
Immigration Minister Press Release

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have applied 489 Visa SC on 24 January, 2019 and still waiting for grant...... offshore currently.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can anyone suggest with New Rule in QLD , Do you require the 3 months immediate experience and 12 months of employment for 491 offshore applicant for Skill select code 263111 .Any chances of getting the invite on 85 points for 491 and 190 on 75 points .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts