Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont mean to be spreading negative vibe. I got my grant earlier this month and have been very excited.

But keep seeing news of possible recession that Australia might be having in 2016. For those who have applied, as long as you have claimed legit points, its a matter of time you get your grant.

For some, now that we got our grants, its been dilemma because of that news. Any thoughts, guys?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My analysis is as follows:

Australian Immigration program, more specifically, their Occupation Lists and Ceiling values reflect upcoming trend of jobs. If overall count increases or at least remain same, then there is less to worry about for prospective immigrants.

However, worst case could easily destroy all plannings and patterns. So do you think (looking at Australian and world's economy) that the WORST time is kicking? My answer would be NO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My analysis is as follows:

Australian Immigration program, more specifically, their Occupation Lists and Ceiling values reflect upcoming trend of jobs. If overall count increases or at least remain same, then there is less to worry about for prospective immigrants.

However, worst case could easily destroy all plannings and patterns. So do you think (looking at Australian and world's economy) that the WORST time is kicking? My answer would be NO.
Thanks for your reply but regarding the planning of migration, you might wanna read this. It's a means of income for Australia revenue

Fewer people want to migrate to Australia in new risk to country's growth, Economy News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recession comes and goes, its a cycle, every country in the world will have to deal with it.
Thanks. Are you in Australia?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, in Melbourne . If you are not picky and to start out there are tons of jobs. but if you're expecting to retain your current position tough luck.
Thank you :)
Its encouraging to hear that. I am actually open and not expecting to earn as high as in Singapore or rather the same position and same kinda work. I am more looking into long term stability and better living standard.

So as long as I can get a job that would pay the bills, I would be happy actually. By the way, I understand you moved to Melbourne.

Do you mind to share if your move was due to better prospects than in Sydney or any other reasons?

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts