Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I have a few queries regarding my eligibility to apply for a visa to move to Australia.

to give a brief about myself,
1) Study : B.tech (Electronics and communication)
2) Age: 25
3) Working experience: 4 years (in aug 2015)
4) area of work: Software Developer (IT)
5) IELTS general: Not given the general one but i can get 7 in all the bands but not an 8 (do not want to over judge myself).

I had little info but not complete.. if somebody could be generous enough to help me out on the below questions ,

Can i apply for any Visa? Which visa can i go for?
Am i eligible ? or will i need a state sponsorship? How to Get it?
Is finding a job difficult in Australia?
if by any chance i get a visa state sponsored, can i travel to NZ to work (have family connections in NZ)
P.S: i am not eligible for any a work or skilled migrant visa for NZ.

Thanks in Advance,
:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
ACS will remove 2 years work experience in the Skills Assessment so you only have 2 years, ie No Points.

On the Points Test you will have
30 Age
15 Degree
10 English (IELTS 7.0)

So unless you are eligible for State Sponsorship, you would need to wait until Aug 2016 (3 Years Work Experience) before you would be eligible.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Info.
so if i want to apply this year i need to get the state sponsorship..
but how to get it? Is it simple? Do they give it to everybody? I have no clue about this sponsorship thing.. :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Info.
so if i want to apply this year i need to get the state sponsorship..
but how to get it? Is it simple? Do they give it to everybody? I have no clue about this sponsorship thing.. :(
Hi Sameer,

There is a process that needs to be followed before you can come to applying for state sponsorship.

First you need to know which visa code you suit (189 or 190 which are PR and you need to know you SOL or CSOL code) For example: Software Tester is under 190 (State Sponsored) where as Software Engineer is under 189 (Independent).

Then you need to follow this structure.

1. Work Assessment and Education Assessment
2. IELTS or PTE-A or TOEFL or other accepted english exam (to gain points such as 7 in all = 10 point, 8 in all = 20 points in IETLS)
3. Then file for EOI (Expression of Interest) and submit it to either State Sponsorship or Independent Visa (189 code)
4. After getting invited either from a state or for independent, lodge your visa and upload all required documents.

This is just a gist of the process. You need to follow the threads and this forum to gain more information and experience and you can do it on your own.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
First read the following thread/post end to end to understand the PR process...

1)
Moving to Australia: Australian Immigration Points | Moving to Australia

2)
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/729746-australian-skilled-independent-189-visa-my-view-9.html#post6968466

Then if you still question, do write on this thread......

Hi Friends,

I have a few queries regarding my eligibility to apply for a visa to move to Australia.

to give a brief about myself,
1) Study : B.tech (Electronics and communication)
2) Age: 25
3) Working experience: 4 years (in aug 2015)
4) area of work: Software Developer (IT)
5) IELTS general: Not given the general one but i can get 7 in all the bands but not an 8 (do not want to over judge myself).

I had little info but not complete.. if somebody could be generous enough to help me out on the below questions ,

Can i apply for any Visa? Which visa can i go for?
Am i eligible ? or will i need a state sponsorship? How to Get it?
Is finding a job difficult in Australia?
if by any chance i get a visa state sponsored, can i travel to NZ to work (have family connections in NZ)
P.S: i am not eligible for any a work or skilled migrant visa for NZ.

Thanks in Advance,
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts