Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Friends,

I am in process of initiating the Application for PR on my own(without any consultancy help) and got confused with Visa 189/190 and skills evaluation etc..

Need your help and suggestions.

Is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Australia Permanent Residence(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the PR and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How to substantiate short term experience for skill assessment/ Visa?

Hi,

I am a mechanical engineer and new to this thread (this is my first post actually). I intend to apply for Skilled 189 visa.

I had a 2 month teaching experience as Assistant Professor at a college in mechanical engineering department before a much longer stint of 4 years as a mechanical design engineer. I request advice regarding these things that are troubling my mind:

1. I do not have any pay slips for the two month period and the bank account has long been closed. And I am not sure if I included this pay in my tax return because I had joined in September and my annual income till march of next year wouldn't have been enough to even meet the lowest tax bracket. So do I need to declare this in experience for Skills Assessment and Visa (hopefully)? If so, how can I substantiate this experience? Bear in mind that this was an ad-hoc appointment and not a permanent appointment.

2. Is this the right time to start the visa process. I understand that the rules will change in July. Is there any chance that I can get through the process by then?

Looking forward to the replies.

Regards,
ARK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First step will be skill assessment and you will have to let us know your profile to guide you further!
Hi, Sorry for not being told about my details.
I am a Software Engineer with Specialization in SAP holding 8+ years of experience in IT Industry.
My Education Background in B.Tech in Information Technology.
My IELTS score is : 6 in all modules and I am having Immigration score is 60 which is eligible shown to apply for AU PR.

Hope this information helps in suggesting/guiding me the procedure.

Please help in listing out all the activities including first step.

Thank you so much for the help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You need to apply as a Mechanical engineer to EA by submitting 3 projects called as CDR reports. Not having payslips for 2 or 3 months will not be a concern, provided, you're meeting the criteria with the past experience as a Mechanical engineer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Indeed this thread has detailed information, but note this was done way back and no organization chart is required to ACS anymore. You can submit either reference letter on company letter head or statutory, Only for Statutory declaration you can submit the supporting documents such as service certificate and/ or first /last month pay slip as per ACS guidelines.

If it's a reference letter on company's letter head then don't bother about additional documents but ensure it has everything which is required for the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Priya,

Thanks for the reply. I think I might not have been clear on my situation. My work profile is like this:

1. Company A: An Engineering College: 2 months
2. Company B: An Engineering Design Consultancy: 4 years

I don't have any payslips or tax returns for the first two months of my experience in the engineering college. I will not be claiming points for this 2 months experience. So my questions are:

1. Do I need to indicate this on engineers australia website?

2. If yes, how should I corroborate it?

Regards,
ARK

You need to apply as a Mechanical engineer to EA by submitting 3 projects called as CDR reports. Not having payslips for 2 or 3 months will not be a concern, provided, you're meeting the criteria with the past experience as a Mechanical engineer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not required, as it's mostly with your CDR reports and if you want your experience points also be assessed from EA then you can submit the past experience documents.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Friends,
I am in process of compiling documents for ACS skill assessment. I have gone through their APPLICATION CHECKLIST and SKILL ASSESSMENT GUIDLINES FOR APPLICANT documents and understood the following in regards to the documents to be uploaded for assessment.

1. We need to submit certified copies.
2. Need to upload Tertiary Education (B-TECH, M-TECH) document only. Documents include Mark sheets and Degree. NO NEED TO SUBMIT 10th & 12th CERTIFICATES
3. Reference letter from employer or third party statutory declaration (for each employer). If we have reference letter from employer, no need to submit any other document like pay slip, appointment letter, resignation letter etc...
4. Copy of passport.
5. Document just to be uploaded online, no need send them hard copies.

Since you all have already submitted your documents, May I please request you guys to kindly confirm if my understanding is correct.
Please feel free to suggest any thing I am missing.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts