Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can I've the breakup of points for Australian PR?

How much minimum experience is required for ICT major to get full points of Experience?
I understand that 2 years experience is required to meet the suitability criteria and only experience after skilled met date would be counted for skilled assessment. :)

Thanks,
Somal

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Somal,

if you only have non-Australian (= "overseas") work experience, the points schema is:
  • 3+ years but < 5 years: 5 points
  • 5+ years but < 8 years: 10 points
  • 8+ years: 15 points

As you correctly pointed out only "skilled" employment after the "ACS skills met date" are counted. If you studied outside Australia a minimum of 2 years will be deducted post-graduation (see Summary of Criteria for details). In theory, you do not need any work experience points if you can make up for it with language/age/partner etc. points to reach 60 points.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Espresso,

Thanks for the information. I need to know how I can check my total points?
If you can provide the points fields and their values, it would be helpful for me.
For example, IELTS 15, Qualification: ??

I'm yet to take IELTS/PTE, so I know I can't count those points as of now.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Go the 190 or 189 visa page, Points Test tab. There is a detailed breakdown of the points. You can also start filling out an EOI, that will also calculate the points for you - don't submit it until you have your skills assessment and language test result, though ;).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Espresso, I got all the points information from immi.gov.in under 190.

I'm good to go, now just wanted to know how ACS calculates experience. I've read that they don't count individual days but only month and year.

My question is, how much experience will be counted if I worked from 23 May 2013 to 10 Jan 2014

8 or 9 months

or 07 May 2013 to 15 Jan 2015

1 - 5 of 5 Posts