Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends

I have a NSW State Invite (60 days expiring on Aug 15, 2017), currently I am waiting for July Visa Announcements hoping for a 189 Invite. Either ways, I would pay visa fee and complete visa lodging by the end of Aug second week (i.e. by 15th Aug). There are a couple of questions which I had and request your inputs/advice:

1. Do I initiate my India PCC right now or wait for some time.
2. I anticipate if I front load all things (all documents, visa fee, PCC and medicals) by aug 15, 2017, I would be granted visa latest by Sept15, 2017 (assuming all goes good)- would like your inputs on whether this is a right approximation.

3. My son turns 7 in Sept 2017 and currently he is in Class 2 in india, if I reach Australia in Oct or Nov 2017, can he be admitted to Class 2 in Nov 2017? Please provide a more detailed input on this point.

4. I am planning to resign my current job in July end (3 months notice), so I would be free by Nov beginning, I am doing this such as to reach Australia at the earliest. Is this advisable

5. Nov. and Dec are lean seasons from a job perspective, if I land in Australia in Nov. Would it be better to land in Jan second week 2018?

Would much appreciate your inputs/help here.

Thanks

Job Code: 261311-Analyst Programmer

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dear Friends

I have a NSW State Invite (60 days expiring on Aug 15, 2017), currently I am waiting for July Visa Announcements hoping for a 189 Invite. Either ways, I would pay visa fee and complete visa lodging by the end of Aug second week (i.e. by 15th Aug). There are a couple of questions which I had and request your inputs/advice:

2. I anticipate if I front load all things (all documents, visa fee, PCC and medicals) by aug 15, 2017, I would be granted visa latest by Sept15, 2017 (assuming all goes good)- would like your inputs on whether this is a right approximation.

3. My son turns 7 in Sept 2017 and currently he is in Class 2 in india, if I reach Australia in Oct or Nov 2017, can he be admitted to Class 2 in Nov 2017? Please provide a more detailed input on this point.

4. I am planning to resign my current job in July end (3 months notice), so I would be free by Nov beginning, I am doing this such as to reach Australia at the earliest. Is this advisable

5. Nov. and Dec are lean seasons from a job perspective, if I land in Australia in Nov. Would it be better to land in Jan second week 2018?

Thanks

Congratulations on your invitations but I can't help much. Regarding 5) , you might be right, I read from this forum that these are lull periods as most people are on holidays

·
Registered
154 Posts

You can get IND PCC in 7 days. I suggest wait until you know u will get your 189 invite in the next batch and start PCC and medicals process

This is best case, there were cases who got within 2 weeks. On an avg it will take 4-7 months.

No Idea

Nov, Dec are dull periods for recruitment. So advise to plan accordingly.

see above

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on your invitations but I can't help much. Regarding 5) , you might be right, I read from this forum that these are lull periods as most people are on holidays
-------------------------------

Thanks for your response, commie-rick

You have provided all your info/docs on 20/05 and still awaiting visa grant ?
Have they contacted any of your employers?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Dear Friends

Thanks

1. If you expect to get invite in July, get PCC and medical done before lodging.

2. It used to be right but now it is hard to tell. People been waiting for the last 3 months for grant. No one knows if they will clear the whole backlog this week or this month and resume to normal waiting or this will worsen in the coming months for all future visa applicants.

3. I don't know the answer to if he can get in the middle of the year but Aus semester time is Jan-Dec unlike most western countries in the northern hemisphere where it is July-June. If that helps.

4 & 5. It's up to you and your plan, your life, your job and whatever works best for you. It may work best for someone to go during Nov as weather is nice then and more jobs for their particular field. But it might not for you. Only you know better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. If you expect to get invite in July, get PCC and medical done before lodging.

2. It used to be right but now it is hard to tell. People been waiting for the last 3 months for grant. No one knows if they will clear the whole backlog this week or this month and resume to normal waiting or this will worsen in the coming months for all future visa applicants.

3. I don't know the answer to if he can get in the middle of the year but Aus semester time is Jan-Dec unlike most western countries in the northern hemisphere where it is July-June. If that helps.

4 & 5. It's up to you and your plan, your life, your job and whatever works best for you. It may work best for someone to go during Nov as weather is nice then and more jobs for their particular field. But it might not for you. Only you know better.
thanks much for the response, zaback21

1 - 6 of 6 Posts