Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news,it is has mentioned in Australia migration website-news-migration plan 2015-2016.
-discussion paper
-proposal paper

There is a lot of proposals from stakeholders to supported to reduce the English proficiency in many ways ,such as ,introduce average band score and proficiency to be fixed by occupation for all types of PR visas after 1 July 2015.

Eagerly waiting for good news from migration department.

·
Registered
252 Posts
From where did you get fhis information

·
Registered
973 Posts
The link does not open......

·
Registered
156 Posts
really hope DIBP will reduce the ielts requirement to average score

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi,

we can expect the changes to be in effect from next financial year or anytime during the next financial year. But this will only happen if it get passed from the house.

Regards
Sameer

·
Registered
156 Posts
When will expect the migration changes for the year 2015-16? any changes coming ...
i think maybe mid-june. some minor changes can be published anytime eg validity of skill assessment, pro rata invitation... but if there is any change to the point system or SOL, i think they will announce in advance but not very early, maybe one/two weeks before 1/7

Reactions: John295

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think maybe mid-june. some minor changes can be published anytime eg validity of skill assessment, pro rata invitation... but if there is any change to the point system or SOL, i think they will announce in advance but not very early, maybe one/two weeks before 1/7
Exactly 1 July we can expect the changes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am hoping they don't remove anything from the SOL. I've already completed the IELTS and received my ACS Skills Assessment. Removing an occupation now would make a lot of people very angry.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good news for Nurses as It makes them eligible to apply with lesser IELTS score however, does not give points for language requirement.

·
Registered
252 Posts
danielm,

Is this rule applicable right away or from poat July

1 - 20 of 22 Posts