Dear All,

Here are my EOI details:

189 EOI Updated Date: 21-Jun-2017
190 EOI Updated Date for NSW: 21-Jun-2017
190 EOI Created Date for VIC: 03-Jul-2017
Job Occupation: 261313 - Software Engineer
189 Points: 65
190 Points: 70

Looking at my case, I suppose it will take some more time for me to get invited for both Class 189 and Class 190 fields. I am presently working with a MNC as a Senior Software Engineer. My firm also has offices in Australia. If my HR provides me with a Relocation Letter to Australia, can I have any privilege over other applicants? If yes, what field should I apply under i.e. Class 189 or Class 190? Will my points be increased? What is the procedure please?

Many Thanks,

Suhail.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Dear All,

Here are my EOI details:

189 EOI Updated Date: 21-Jun-2017
190 EOI Updated Date for NSW: 21-Jun-2017
190 EOI Created Date for VIC: 03-Jul-2017
Job Occupation: 261313 - Software Engineer
189 Points: 65
190 Points: 70

Looking at my case, I suppose it will take some more time for me to get invited for both Class 189 and Class 190 fields. I am presently working with a MNC as a Senior Software Engineer. My firm also has offices in Australia. If my HR provides me with a Relocation Letter to Australia, can I have any privilege over other applicants? If yes, what field should I apply under i.e. Class 189 or Class 190? Will my points be increased? What is the procedure please?

Many Thanks,

Suhail.
Your company can get a 457 visa to shift you immediately to Australia or they can directly sponsor you for PR under 186

If you are already working in VIC, then you can apply directly to live in Vic website for sponsorship instead of waiting for Preinvite through Skillselect

I don't see any other advantage that you can get in the short term
Your points will increase only after working for 1 year in Australia

Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your company can get a 457 visa to shift you immediately to Australia or they can directly sponsor you for PR under 186

If you are already working in VIC, then you can apply directly to live in Vic website for sponsorship instead of waiting for Preinvite through Skillselect

I don't see any other advantage that you can get in the short term
Your points will increase only after working for 1 year in Australia

Cheers
Thanks for replying @newbienz. As I understand, visa under category 457 will be immediately processed. So, how many years do I need to stay in Australia to get a PR visa or Australian citizenship?

And, if my firm applies for PR under 186, how many years of visa will I receive?

I am in a dilemma whether to ask my HR to apply for my work permit or to wait for a month more and see if I get an Invitation for either Class 189 or Class 190 visa streams.

Suhail.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Thanks for replying @newbienz. As I understand, visa under category 457 will be immediately processed. So, how many years do I need to stay in Australia to get a PR visa or Australian citizenship?

And, if my firm applies for PR under 186, how many years of visa will I receive?

I am in a dilemma whether to ask my HR to apply for my work permit or to wait for a month more and see if I get an Invitation for either Class 189 or Class 190 visa streams.

Suhail.
PR under 186 is same as 189 or 190
It's just sponsored by the company instead of going through Skillselect or state sponsorship
Staying in Australia in itself does not entitle you to a PR

But more routes for PR open up if you are onshore depending on the state you are working

457 is also taking a lot of time to process but will depend on individual circumstances

If I were you, I would ask the company to sponsor me under 186 and end the uncertainty

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts