Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I have a bunch of questions which i am putting together here. It would be great if someone can answer me. I submitted my EOI and got an invite yesterday to apply for Visa.

• Am out on a business trip and won't be back until mid May which is 25 days from the day i got invite. I suppose can only get PCC when I am back to my native. I read this invitation is valid for 60 days from the date of issue. So would there be any problems if I start my Online Visa application after 30 days? Will I get enough time to complete the application.
  • Do I need to upload all the documents one shot including PCC and medical certificates or does that happen in stages?
  • What is the format of the document to be uploaded? Can I upload color scans of Originals or Certified copies are mandatory for all documents.
  • Do I need to get transcripts of my degree certificates or mark sheets from University?
  • I am the primary applicant and my wife also studied in English medium school & college? Do I need to get any certificate from her school or college stating her english proficiency. If yes, can someone give me a format of the same.
  • Also I need a simple document checklist.

Thanks in advance
AneesH

·
Registered
780 Posts
For checklist, check other threads.

Yes, you have overall 60 days to lodge the visa which includes uploading dox + pay the fee.

Pcc and medical, you can leave for the time being and wait till CO ask.

You need to get letter from wife's college stating that english was the medium of study.

Do remember, once you pay the fee...expect atleast 2 months to get CO assigned.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Answers in green below:

Hi all:

I have a bunch of questions which i am putting together here. It would be great if someone can answer me. I submitted my EOI and got an invite yesterday to apply for Visa.

• Am out on a business trip and won't be back until mid May which is 25 days from the day i got invite. I suppose can only get PCC when I am back to my native. I read this invitation is valid for 60 days from the date of issue. So would there be any problems if I start my Online Visa application after 30 days? Will I get enough time to complete the application.
    >> No problems. Someone here was able to complete the application in 4 hours time.
  • Do I need to upload all the documents one shot including PCC and medical certificates or does that happen in stages?
    >> You can work on your application, save it, log out, come back when you have time, and continue from where you left.
  • What is the format of the document to be uploaded? Can I upload color scans of Originals or Certified copies are mandatory for all documents.
    >> Colour copies = as-is. Black&White copies = certify, colour scan them, and upload.
  • Do I need to get transcripts of my degree certificates or mark sheets from University?
    >> You already have transcripts/ marksheets which you used for your positive assessment. That is all you will need to upload again for the visa application.
  • I am the primary applicant and my wife also studied in English medium school & college? Do I need to get any certificate from her school or college stating her english proficiency. If yes, can someone give me a format of the same.
    >> Yes, a letter from her college will do. Along with such a letter, she will have to provide her degree certificate that has her unique registration number (or something equivalent) on it. The letter has to be on the institute/ uni letter head. This format should work:

<Name of College>
    <Address line 1>,
    <Address line 1>,
    <...>
    Phone: +91 <...>

April 24, 2015

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN​

This is to certify that <Person>, Register number <number>, was a full
    time bonafide student of <Name of College>, <location>,
    <city>, <stage> (India) during the academic years yyyy – yyyy. She has
    completed her <Degree_Name> degree course, and the medium of instruction was
    English for this course.

Yours faithfully,

Principal
    <Name of College>

<Principal_Stamp>
    <College_Round_Seal>​
  • Also I need a simple document checklist.
    >> Go to this thread for more details: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ian-skilled-independent-189-visa-my-view.html

Thanks in advance
AneesH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts