Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have done B.tech in CSE, have experience of almost 3.6 years as a Software Engineer and positive skill assessment from ACS and scored 65 in each module of PTE, so I am eligible to claim 55 points. I want to know the pathways I can follow for Australia immigration.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi guys,
I have done B.tech in CSE, have experience of almost 3.6 years as a Software Engineer and positive skill assessment from ACS and scored 65 in each module of PTE, so I am eligible to claim 55 points. I want to know the pathways I can follow for Australia immigration.
Thanks.
a) Score 20 in PTE (79 across all modules) . This is best option at the moment
b) Apply for State sponsorship (190 Category). Will give you additional 5 points
c) NAATI. This is long process with a language test. Google NAATI australia
d) If you are married and your spouse has profession in the same list where your occupation is listed, then you can claim 5 points if she has required relevant exp.

·
Registered
215 Posts
a) Score 20 in PTE (79 across all modules) . This is best option at the moment
b) Apply for State sponsorship (190 Category). Will give you additional 5 points
c) NAATI. This is long process with a language test. Google NAATI australia
d) If you are married and your spouse has profession in the same list where your occupation is listed, then you can claim 5 points if she has required relevant exp.

I strongly recommend option a.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your kind and quick reply sharma1981. I wanted to ask if 489 is a good option in this situation, as I am not married and I tried to get 79 in each in PTE exam but unfortunately did not achieve that score, also I am not considering NAATI as an option for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Rajiv,

NAATI is not a good option as it takes a lot of time and requires you to gain some experience as an interpreter.
Since you are not married, the better option would be to choose either 190 subclass or take sometime, prepare well and give a try for PTE again to score 79 in each component because, not sure if you are aware, 489 is not a PR, it's a TR and you would be confined to many things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rajiv,

NAATI is not a good option as it takes a lot of time and requires you to gain some experience as an interpreter.
Since you are not married, the better option would be to choose either 190 subclass or take sometime, prepare well and give a try for PTE again to score 79 in each component because, not sure if you are aware, 489 is not a PR, it's a TR and you would be confined to many things.
Thank you for your reply. I wanted to know if 489 or 190 can be a good option? and which states are providing state sponsorship without a job offer in the particular state?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply. I wanted to know if 489 or 190 can be a good option? and which states are providing state sponsorship without a job offer in the particular state?
And I am aware of TR visa for four years in which I can apply for PR after 2 years. I don't have any problem in this case either if chances of getting the visa are good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys need some genuine advice, lodged my 887 visa myself on august 5th, CO allocated Nov 1 all docs submitted Nov 2, no reply yet website says 6/8 months
Have my land contract signed and only waiting PR, otherwse m gonna loose my deposit and land, sent email to processing team but no reply
Any suggestion please ----

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts