Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to submit an express of interest for Australia in two weeks. but I have few doubts let me know if anyone has come across such scenario before.

1. My age is 32 at the moment, but will be 33 in October 2017. So will I be given 30 points for my age or will I be given 25( as the invitation might come after my birthday when I will be 33)

2. My ACS is completed positive and the over all experience come to a total of 7 years and 10 months as of June 2017 will i be given 10 points or 15 points ? ( as I am still in the same job & 2 more months has been added)

Thanks,
Neo

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to submit an express of interest for Australia in two weeks. but I have few doubts let me know if anyone has come across such scenario before.

1. My age is 32 at the moment, but will be 33 in October 2017. So will I be given 30 points for my age or will I be given 25( as the invitation might come after my birthday when I will be 33)

2. My ACS is completed positive and the over all experience come to a total of 7 years and 10 months as of June 2017 will i be given 10 points or 15 points ? ( as I am still in the same job & 2 more months has been added)

Thanks,
Neo
If by any luck you get invite till you are 32 and 364 days, you will get 30 points for age
On 33rd birthday, your points will reduce by 5 and your date of effect will also change to that date.
So a double whammy for you

If you aren't in the same job, designation, location RnR company as during assessment then you cannot continue to claim points beyond assessment
If you are, Just leave the TO DATE blank in the EOI in the current job entry.
As of now you will get 10 points but The system will automatically award you 5 extra points, the date you become eligible , but again also reset the date of effect

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Newbeinz,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I am clear with your answer for point 1.

For point number 2, are you saying that if I leave my current job ( where the acs is completed positively) end date as blank I will get additional 5 points; provided I am in the same job, location and company. Correct? I am clear of your last part of reset the date of effect.

Thanks,
Neo

If by any luck you get invite till you are 32 and 364 days, you will get 30 points for age
On 33rd birthday, your points will reduce by 5 and your date of effect will also change to that date.

If you aren't in the same job, designation, location RnR company as during assessment then you cannot continue to claim points beyond assessment
As of now you will get 10 points but The system will automatically award you 5 extra points, the date you become eligible , but again also reset the date of effect

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Newbeinz,

For point number 2, are you saying that if I leave my current job ( where the acs is completed positively) end date as blank I will get additional 5 points; provided I am in the same job, location and company. Correct? I am NOT clear of your last part of reset the date of effect.

Thanks,
Neo

Cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dear Newbeinz,

For point number 2, are you saying that if I leave my current job ( where the acs is completed positively) end date as blank I will get additional 5 points; provided I am in the same job, location and company. Correct? I am NOT clear of your last part of reset the date of effect.

Thanks,
Neo
I think thats what he meant. If you are in the same job and position (which was positively assessed by ACS), leave the end date blank, and the system will award you additional points when you are eligible.

However, this will change your points claim total, and reset the DOE. Your Date of Effect reflects the date on which your current points claim were made. Any change in your points will result in a reset of DOE; and will change your position in the EOI pool.

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Dear Newbeinz,

Thanks,
Neo
You are correct in point 2
Say you have applied today with 65 points
So your application date of effect is 3rd Sep 2017
If there is a tie in points between applicants at 65 points , then the date of effect comes into play and the applicant with 65 points having the earliest DOE gets the invitation
Now after 2 months on 3rd Nov you complete 8 years of experience so your points will increase by 5 to 70 but your date of effect will also change to 3rd November.
You will no longer be treated as if you applied on 3rd September and for all practical purposes it will be treated as if you applied on 3rd November with 70 points

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dear New Beinz
Excellent explanation and much appreciated buddy.
So here comes my explanation, I think my date of effect will not change, correct me if I understood anything wrong.

• I started my career in Aug 2007 and my work experience completes 10 years in Aug 2017.
  • I submitted my documents for ACS in July 2017 so, my overall experience at that time was 9 years and 10 months only.
  • As per my ACS's result, my skillmet date is( Aug 2009) all experience after aug 2009 can be considered for points calculation.
  • So technically I have already completed that two months now, hence I think my DOE will not affect. Is my understanding correct?
  • Also when I am submitting my EOI, should I have to give the actual start date ( Aug 2007) of my first job or should I have to give the skillmet date (Aug 2009) as the start date of employment?

Please whatsapp me in +<SNIP>if my understanding is wrong.

Inappropriate content: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ge...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155218 kaju/moderator

You seems to be very knowledgeable in this process, so please help :)

Thanks,
Neo

You are correct in point 2
Say you have applied today with 65 points
So your application date of effect is 3rd Sep 2017
If there is a tie in points between applicants at 65 points , then the date of effect comes into play and the applicant with 65 points having the earliest DOE gets the invitation
Now after 2 months on 3rd Nov you complete 8 years of experience so your points will increase by 5 to 70 but your date of effect will also change to 3rd November.
You will no longer be treated as if you applied on 3rd September and for all practical purposes it will be treated as if you applied on 3rd November with 70 points

Cheers

G

·
1. 25 points
2. 10 points

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Neo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. 25 points
2. 10 points
Thanks Mate,

Based on your signature, I am seeing you have got invitation (for 190) for state sponsorship with 65 points within 1 month and applied for visa. Did you put "ANY" while expressing EOI or a particular state.

Is it because of your specific skill set in your profession?

Thanks
Neo

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dear New Beinz

So here comes my explanation, I think my date of effect will not change, correct me if I understood anything wrong.

• I started my career in Aug 2007 and my work experience completes 10 years in Aug 2017.
  • I submitted my documents for ACS in July 2017 so, my overall experience at that time was 9 years and 10 months only.
  • As per my ACS's result, my skillmet date is( Aug 2009) all experience after aug 2009 can be considered for points calculation.
  • So technically I have already completed that two months now, hence I think my DOE will not affect. Is my understanding correct?
  • Also when I am submitting my EOI, should I have to give the actual start date ( Aug 2007) of my first job or should I have to give the skillmet date (Aug 2009) as the start date of employment?

Please whatsapp me in +<SNIP> if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Neo

If you are yet to submit the EOI. Yes you can claim points for 8 years of your experience- Aug 2009-17. If the last 2 months (after the ACS assessment) were in the same job same role same position.

In your EOI, split your experience.
Mention Aug2009-17 as relevant. And mention Aug2007-08 and mark it as not-relevant.

Your DOE will change though on your date of birth next month. On which day you will lose 5 points and the DOE will be reset to that day, putting you at the end of the pool for the new points total.

However, if you are invited before your DOB, your EOI will be frozen and the points total on the date of invite will be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neo_R

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Dear New Beinz

Please whatsapp me in +<SNIP>if my understanding is wrong.

Inappropriate content: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ge...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155218 kaju/moderator

Thanks,
Neo
FRom Aug 2007 to 31st Aug 2009 experience will,also be entered in the EOI but will be marked as non relevant

Chronologically enter all experience from 1st Sep 2009 based on DDMMYYYY basis. But this time onwards mark all employment as RELEVANT
Use exact dates for end and beginning in case there is any break between 2 employments
Follow the sequence given in the ACS assessment in case you have got promotions or location changes
If you want to claim points for experience beyond the assessment date, leave to current job entry TO DATE blank.

On what date you will meet the 8 years requirements will be calculated by the system automatically. And additional points awarded on that date
You have no role in calculating points except entering the dates correctly and marking as relevant and non relevant as may be the case

Cheers

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
FRom Aug 2007 to 31st Aug 2009 experience will,also be entered in the EOI but will be marked as non relevant

Chronologically enter all experience from 1st Sep 2009 based on DDMMYYYY basis. But this time onwards mark all employment as RELEVANT
Use exact dates for end and beginning in case there is any break between 2 employments
Follow the sequence given in the ACS assessment in case you have got promotions or location changes
If you want to claim points for experience beyond the assessment date, leave to current job entry TO DATE blank.

On what date you will meet the 8 years requirements will be calculated by the system automatically. And additional points awarded on that date
You have no role in calculating points except entering the dates correctly and marking as relevant and non relevant as may be the case

Cheers
You have a good answer here. I suggest you progress with urgency. Your points total is unclear and your birthdate also, but it may be that you only get one shot at the invite (for the foreseeable future at least). Based on your info September is your sweet-spot where you have max points for both age and experience. What're your ANZSCO code and other points?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks

Nice thanks for the explanation mate.

So I will split my first job as two, suggested by you. But however, my EOI date will be reset in Oct. Do you think it is worth to do now or should i have to wait below are my points at the moment

1. For Age until Oct: 30
2. Education: 15
3. Experience :15
4. IELTS : 0
5. State sponsorship : 5

You have a good answer here. I suggest you progress with urgency. Your points total is unclear and your birthdate also, but it may be that you only get one shot at the invite (for the foreseeable future at least). Based on your info September is your sweet-spot where you have max points for both age and experience. What're your ANZSCO code and other points?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks

So I will split my first job as two, suggested by you. But however, my EOI date will be reset in Oct. Do you think it is worth to do now or should i have to wait below are my points at the moment

4. IELTS : 0( L-7.5, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7.5)

·
Registered
23,910 Posts

4. IELTS : 0
Do it now and get over the issue
The system will take care of the rest in October

That's what I would do if I were in your place

The final decision is yours

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

Thanks Mate- I thought the same.

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question

Dear All,

one more question, is it really good idea to put "ANY" while expressing EOI or a particular state. Is it useful?or will it backfire.

I dont mind any state as I am Agile scrum Master and an agile BA as well. with 10 years of experience. I am little confident I should be able to get a job anywhere in Aus.

Please suggest your ideas and thoughts guys.

Thanks,
Neo

Cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dear All,

one more question, is it really good idea to put "ANY" while expressing EOI or a particular state. Is it useful?or will it backfire.

I dont mind any state as I am Agile scrum Master and an agile BA as well. with 10 years of experience. I am little confident I should be able to get a job anywhere in Aus.

Please suggest your ideas and thoughts guys.

Thanks,

Neo

Some states see "any" as a lack of commitment towards their state. Hence, many applicants prefer submitting multiple EOIs with different states selected in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

4. IELTS : 0( L-7.5, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7.5)
Do you not have time to get PTE done? If you could get 10 points there you'll be laughing, and perhaps not needing to wait for state nomination. 70 points would be a decent score.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts