Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Here is the situation, my boy and I decided to get engaged. We re both leaving and working in Sydney. He is Egyptian, I am French. Before the wedding and making all that official, we both agree that we need to have a look in the other s country that s to say..Egypt and France
For me, UE`s passport holder going to Egypt is easy. For him, Egyptian`s Passport holder, it sounds a bit more complicated.
So here is the questions.
How can he be alowed to come in Europe and travel through it? Let s say we want to stay two months, does he need a visa? Wich one? Can he get it from the french consulat in Sydney?
What is that story of `invitation` about?
Doesn t the `fiancee visa` apply for this case?
Help guys i want him to see my country!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Contact the French Embassy in Sidney and ask them for a holiday visa, also query all other European countries you want to visit if they require holiday visas, etc. You are a European national and within UE rules you have the right to travel everywhere in Europe, but he does not, so you need to make sure he has visas or whatever to comply with the rules of the countries you are going to travel to.

Good luck.

Best wishes,
Busyte

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is he a PR in Australia or not, because if he is not, he may not be granted the visa from australia and he may need to apply in his original country (Egypt) , but if he is, you may go with him to the french consulate, and you have to make sure that other countries you want to visit are all shchengen and he enters the country of issuance before all other countries (in your tour), good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts