Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5961 - 5980 of 6084 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi All,

Does someone know how the ceremony invite is sent for bayside council in nsw.

Some say via email other say via post.

How to confirm the medium.
You will always get the invite via messages in immiaccount. Additionally you will get an email as well if the same invite. Getting the copy on post may or may not happen for all. It’s the same thing so you can check messages section in you application in online immi account for your invite.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations mate ! Did you receive an email ? What was the time ?
I had applied in March 2021 but was overseas and returned last weekend. Seems like I have missed my turn
Not sure when the invite would come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Sparsh ,

i am in the same situation. I have applied in the March 21 and went to India for last month. I am not sure if this could be this reason I still Don’t get invite for test.
Did you try to reach out to IMMI via call ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

My wife applied for her citizenship on 14/02/2021 and I on 04/03/2021 from Melbourne. We visited our families overseas earlier this year for a couple of months after informing DOHA of our trip and now we are back in Melbourne. I have noticed that files are being picked in a date wise order and people who had applied on the same date as us and even later have received an invite for the citizenship test. Could our recent overseas trip have delayed our file? I am wondering if anyone has any idea for the delay in our file, or a suggestion to speed things up. Thanks.
I am in the same situation! Did you get any response or update from immi ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't provide aadhar card when filling out the application. I notice that my application has been processed in the regional citizenship office, QLD, Brisbane. Is this normal? 6 months wait time should be fine.
Hi Mate,
I am now in same boat attached birth certificate with NAATI. Just wondering how long after they made decision after uploaded requested docs¿ or you still waiting . Chears

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got the news that 2400 participant will attend citizenship ceremony in paramatta next week.

It was due to people from paramatta submitting lot of request to dha and council.
I have written to Bayside council on Twitter and to Mayor as well to conduct mass ceremony like paramatta and black town. I would suggest you also do as more people writing will increase probability.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I was accepted for my citizenship test on May 10th, and I got the invite for the citizen ceremony the next day. The ceremony is scheduled for June 7th. My council is Greater Dandenong.
Thank you to everyone on this page for answering all my queries in this mean time. :)
Congratulations. This is super quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have raised a FOI request now. Will keep this thread updated with response.
On Saturday morning, I got a refusal from DHA on our FOI request. Quoting them,

The Department has considered the scope of this request and its capacity to conduct searches of relevance based on the current scope. It is my preliminary view that your request, in its current form, is not specific enough to enable the Department to identify documents in scope of your request.

In order to process your request in a timely manner, FOI and the relevant business area require your assistance to clarify the scope of your request.

Please clarify which specific city councils you are seeking statistics for.

DHA is basically asking us to request the said information for specific councils, and not a blanket request for all councils waiting backlogs. I see this as a laziness on their behalf to do the background works request to fulfill our request.

We can enlist some councils, all councils, or respond in another way to get the desired reports.
What do other suggest we do next ? We have been given 14 days to respond to them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On Saturday morning, I got a refusal from DHA on our FOI request. Quoting them,

The Department has considered the scope of this request and its capacity to conduct searches of relevance based on the current scope. It is my preliminary view that your request, in its current form, is not specific enough to enable the Department to identify documents in scope of your request.

In order to process your request in a timely manner, FOI and the relevant business area require your assistance to clarify the scope of your request.

Please clarify which specific city councils you are seeking statistics for.

DHA is basically asking us to request the said information for specific councils, and not a blanket request for all councils waiting backlogs. I see this as a laziness on their behalf to do the background works request to fulfill our request.

We can enlist some councils, all councils, or respond in another way to get the desired reports.
What do other suggest we do next ? We have been given 14 days to respond to them.
Ohh.. how did they issue in Mar then for all councils?? U can request for all victoria council or atleast the bigger councils like hume wyndham casey brimbank having more people waiting.. i dont know just a suggestion

·
Registered
243 Posts
U can request for all victoria council or atleast the bigger councils like hume wyndham casey brimbank having more people waiting.. i dont know just a suggestion
True, they have ofcourse released the information on all councils in the past. I am still thinking of how to approach this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ohh.. how did they issue in Mar then for all councils?? U can request for all victoria council or atleast the bigger councils like hume wyndham casey brimbank having more people waiting.. i dont know just a suggestion
I am waiting for ceremony in whittlesea council I think they are not doing ceremony very often, if anyone waiting in whittlesea council plz share your timeline

5961 - 5980 of 6084 Posts