Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5941 - 5960 of 6084 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Regarding Birth Certificate for Citizenship application.

Can we produce different Birth Certificate to what was being used during Permanent Resident Visa processing ?

Planning to get new one from Municipal authorities in India for myself. Have used old format in PR application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any help with this please from experts in the group.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys, how about the trend for NSW ?> It looks like till Dec 23 got approved according to Immitracker. My lodgement date is Jan 3, 2022. When can we expect a test invite?.
I applied in November 2021 and still no invite yet. I think people who chose Sydney CBD got test invites per tracker. It depends on where you applied from.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Does anyone get any idea, if the labor comes in power, would the processing speed up?
First tell me that Labour will come to power ?
Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any help with this please from experts in the group.

You don’t need birth certificate for citizenship application. Your passport is enough.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Regarding Birth Certificate for Citizenship application.

Can we produce different Birth Certificate to what was being used during Permanent Resident Visa processing ?

Planning to get new one from Municipal authorities in India for myself. Have used old format in PR application.

As long as it’s authentic and contains the necessary information , new or old doesn’t matter
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine Application took more than a month after test to get approved.
My friend waited three month for approval after test. It depends ..

nothing to worry.... relax and it will come through
I am the same. Did test on Jan 2022 passed 100%. Still waiting for approval. What is your current status?

·
Registered
570 Posts
You don’t need birth certificate for citizenship application. Your passport is enough.
Not always the case. Depends on the CO. In my case they asked to produce birth certificate or the year 10 mark sheet showing date of birth and one parents name on it. CO did not accept passport as proof of date of birth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I been contacted by case officer after 1 year request more documents.
which they ask me CONFIRMATION OF MY PRINCIPAL PREFERRED NAME
Example:
officer wrote
I note that all documents provided are in your name: ABCDEFGH URXYZ Dob. 01/01/1985
I note that you have listed your Principal preferred name as: abcdefgh URXYZ Dob:
01/01/1985
If you wish to list your name as abcdefgh URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985, please update your
Australian Identity card such as Australia driver licence and medicare card to reflect this
name.
Please confirm which name you would like to proceed in naming order ABCDEFGH URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985 or abcdefgh URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985

Basically, it's only matter of small and capital letter of my first name.
Anyone has idea how can I confirm my name through any form or Step Dec or just simple email?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi,
I been contacted by case officer after 1 year request more documents.
which they ask me CONFIRMATION OF MY PRINCIPAL PREFERRED NAME
Example:
officer wrote
I note that all documents provided are in your name: ABCDEFGH URXYZ Dob. 01/01/1985
I note that you have listed your Principal preferred name as: abcdefgh URXYZ Dob:
01/01/1985
If you wish to list your name as abcdefgh URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985, please update your
Australian Identity card such as Australia driver licence and medicare card to reflect this
name.
Please confirm which name you would like to proceed in naming order ABCDEFGH URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985 or abcdefgh URXYZ Dob: 01/01/1985

Basically, it's only matter of small and capital letter of my first name.
Anyone has idea how can I confirm my name through any form or Step Dec or just simple email?
Make a word doc and explain what name format you need. If it’s the capitals then mention that otherwise CO has advised to change any of the Australian document to reflect the new format and add that under attach documents.

5941 - 5960 of 6084 Posts