Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5921 - 5940 of 6084 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow seems like a long wait for Hume Council Ceremonies
Don't forget this depends on the backlog in Hume Council as well.
Hume Council is one of the councils with a large migrant population, compared to some of the other councils.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guys tomorrow is my citizenship test and interview in Melbourne
I want to confirm the documents I am taking with me
Appointment letter
Passport
Driving license
Birth certificate
Bank statement
Is it enough?
Or I am missing something
Will be really helpful if someone can answer
Thnx

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi guys tomorrow is my citizenship test and interview in Melbourne
I want to confirm the documents I am taking with me
Appointment letter
Passport
Driving license
Birth certificate
Bank statement
Is it enough?
Or I am missing something
Will be really helpful if someone can answer
Thnx
Medicare card and utility bill copy. Refer to the list of documents to carry as mentioned in your appointment letter

·
Registered
570 Posts
Medicare card and utility bill copy
Your appointment letter will mention the documents you need to carry. The above documents should be enough tomorrow though.
Thnx
Really appreciated
Best wishes for tomorrow. Do read the Common bond document and that will make the test super easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. I had mis-communication with MARA agent. My application approved waiting for ceremony. I’ve called citizenship Help line about my ceremony waitlist after discussion with agent. She told me no problem you can call.

I have my own immi account & downloaded my application, checking updates from last 1.5 yrs. Yesterday i saw invitation for ceremony. I downloaded the invitation for ceremony pdf file from immi account.

To attend ceremony, Invitation letter is compulsory. My ceremony scheduled next week. I may receive SMS this Sunday from DHA like Test invite. All emails goes to agent . But Agent hold & kept this ceremony Invitation mail from last 2 weeks with her. Not shared to me. I have 1 week time to attend ceremony.

What are my options now.

1. Directly print out & attend ceremony (don’t inform agent)

2. Mail the Mara agent & ask for ceremony update ( inform agent) get official mail & attend

3. Wait for SMS from DHA & call the agent for invitation.

Please suggest the best option. [mention]NB [/mention][mention]Mudassar_SM [/mention]
[mention]fugitive_4u [/mention] [mention]vinodn007 [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi. I had mis-communication with MARA agent. My application approved waiting for ceremony. I’ve called citizenship Help line about my ceremony waitlist after discussion with agent. She told me no problem you can call.

I have my own immi account & downloaded my application, checking updates from last 1.5 yrs. Yesterday i saw invitation for ceremony. I downloaded the invitation for ceremony pdf file from immi account.

To attend ceremony, Invitation letter is compulsory. My ceremony scheduled next week. I may receive SMS this Sunday from DHA like Test invite. All emails goes to agent . But Agent hold & kept this ceremony Invitation mail from last 2 weeks with her. Not shared to me. I have 1 week time to attend ceremony.

What are my options now.

2. Mail the Mara agent & ask for ceremony update ( inform agent) get official mail & attend

Please suggest the best option. [mention]NB [/mention][mention]Mudassar_SM [/mention]

I'd go with #1. I've just checked and the invitation letter in immiaccount is identical to the one I received via email.

I'd also ask the agent why she hasn't shared the email with you. If it's because of a negligent reason, I'd file a complaint.

·
Registered
97 Posts
HI Everyone , My citizenship was approved on 26th April 2022 and there is long queue at my council (Bayside council NSW) . I am planning to move/update address to council where it is faster to get Ceremony , is that legal to do that? if yes, kindly help me with some name of these council.
how do you know how long the queue is for you suburb?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I have the below queries:
-Do I have to update my current address (recently moved to a new council) anywhere in immiaccount other than "update your details" section for the citizenship application?
-My spouse is a PR of Australia. In the section where they ask "List all countries where the spouse is a permanent resident of", I missed to add "Australia". Would this be a problem? If so, how can I update this detail?
-I and my parents are not clear of their Birthday, as such I filled out parent's DOB based on best guess. (Do not have their DOB in any document). Would this cause any issue?
TIA.

·
Registered
570 Posts
While you deal with the agent on why they held back on informing you of the ceremony please just print the letter from immiaccount and that is the same as the email that is sent and go ahead and attend the ceremony. Do carry the driving licence as well.congratulations and Good luck!

What are my options now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Also upload a copy of proof of new address under other documents section.
For updating the wife’s PR make a word document explaining the situation and update the details and also provide PR grant number details for reference.you can use -form 1023 download it from immi website.
Notification of incorrect answer(s)

preferably DOB should be based on something to support with. Could be national id,passport etc their school certificates etc.don’t know if putting guessed details is the right step.others can comment.

Hi,

I have the below queries:
-Do I have to update my current address (recently moved to a new council) anywhere in immiaccount other than "update your details" section for the citizenship application?
-My spouse is a PR of Australia. In the section where they ask "List all countries where the spouse is a permanent resident of", I missed to add "Australia". Would this be a problem? If so, how can I update this detail?
-I and my parents are not clear of their Birthday, as such I filled out parent's DOB based on best guess. (Do not have their DOB in any document). Would this cause any issue?
TIA.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi guys just passed the test today and got approved email as well thnx so much for your help throughout the process.
Just want to know anybody know the waiting time for ceremony in brimbank council ?
Thnx
Congratulations Jatinder!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi guys can someone please confirm what is the answer of this question
"the department occasionally conducts citizenship ceremonies that may attract media attention.
Indicate if the applicant does not want to take part in such a ceremony"

I answered it NO in my application i am not sure about this if its answer is yes how should i update in my application ?
should i upload 1023 form for this ? or i should leave as it is can somebody pls explain me
Thanks
jatinder
Hi @Jatinder1991 , What did you do to correct the answer from NO to YES?

·
Registered
243 Posts
As per FOI released documents (last update 27 Jan 2022), there were approx 10,000 people waiting for their citizenship ceremonies, and over 1000 of them were from Hume Council alone. Hume Council in VIC has the largest number of people awaiting citizenship ceremonies. Other councils of note are Brimbank, Casey and Wyndham.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to change my council because it’s very long wait to get invited for ceremony, can you guys tell me where is more quicker to get invitations in Melbourne, currently I am in whittlesea council thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
As per FOI released documents (last update 27 Jan 2022), there were approx 10,000 people waiting for their citizenship ceremonies, and over 1000 of them were from Hume Council alone. Hume Council in VIC has the largest number of people awaiting citizenship ceremonies. Other councils of note are Brimbank, Casey and Wyndham.
Can someone request a new Foi for whats happening now.. its 5 months from jan..to get an idea how many cleared

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can someone request a new Foi for whats happening now.. its 5 months from jan..to get an idea how many cleared
I was thinking the same this morning, when I looked up last update.
Happy to send a FOI request, as long as no one else has requested it already.

5921 - 5940 of 6084 Posts