Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5101 - 5120 of 5166 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks so much
Actually I was in india for 40 days do u reckon the CO will ask for PCC still ?
Dont think you will require PCC for such short duration. Usually PCC is required if you spent more than 90 days overseas.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Me and my wife submitted our citizenship application on the same day (June 29, 2021) - within 10-15 minutes gap. She got invite for citizenship test this evening for a date in March. and I am yet to receive any test invite (requested ceremony together). Is this normal ? any thoughts from any one with experience ? Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Me and my wife submitted our citizenship application on the same day (June 29, 2021) - within 10-15 minutes gap. She got invite for citizenship test this evening for a date in March. and I am yet to receive any test invite (requested ceremony together). Is this normal ? any thoughts from any one with experience ? Thanks.
Hi, check post #5,083 in the discussion, the guy also has the same issue as yours. Moreover, according to expats, your test invite date can differ from your spouse's; however, both of you will have the ceremony on the same day. By the way, what's your council?
All the best

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi, check post #5,083 in the discussion, the guy also has the same issue as yours. Moreover, according to expats, your test invite date can differ from your spouse's; however, both of you will have the ceremony on the same day. By the way, what's your council?
All the best
Thanks, Blacktown council, NSW

Reactions: Sunpreet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,
I am just wondering if we can request change of test centre before getting interview invite? We haven’t changed address but i had selected a regional test centre (Wollongong) for my wife which is about the same distance as Paramatta centre from our house. Now thinking if we change it to Paramatta she might get invited earlier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I sat a citizenship last year in July 2021 and it has been more than 6 months. I haven’t received the invitation to the citizenship ceremony. I emailed virtual ceremony in VIC. Who else should I contact?

do I contact home affairs in Victoria?

any of you guys got invited to the coming ceremony(Australian day)?

timeline

applied 3rd Aug 2020
Test date 12 July 2021
Approved 12 July 2021
Location VIC

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi there,

I sat a citizenship last year in July 2021 and it has been more than 6 months. I haven’t received the invitation to the citizenship ceremony. I emailed virtual ceremony in VIC. Who else should I contact?

do I contact home affairs in Victoria?

any of you guys got invited to the coming ceremony(Australian day)?

timeline

applied 3rd Aug 2020
Test date 12 July 2021
Approved 12 July 2021
Location VIC
Your main focus should be the local council
Then DHA
Keep requesting for virtual ceremony every couple of weeks
Maybe you will get lucky
Cheers

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi,
I am just wondering if we can request change of test centre before getting interview invite? We haven’t changed address but i had selected a regional test centre (Wollongong) for my wife which is about the same distance as Paramatta centre from our house. Now thinking if we change it to Paramatta she might get invited earlier.
No matter which test centre you have chosen, DHA will allot you anyone of the nearby centre as per their procedural convenience
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Members,

I live in Canberra and I have applied for my Citizenship in Apr-2021. I have got invitation for the test on last Friday ( 14-Jan-2022 ).

The test was in my local Centrelink ( Service Australia ) office.

They did not check any document related to my address, date of birth, or any other document. They just saw my current passport and I passed the test and then they said Department of Home Affairs will contact me for further process. He was saying that Department of Home affairs has received many applications and they have requested Service Australia to conduct Citizenship test.

Does anyone had the similar experience? Now how long it will take ? Do I need to go Home Affairs office to show my further documentation ? Or I need to wait for the ceremony straight after that ?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi Members,

I live in Canberra and I have applied for my Citizenship in Apr-2021. I have got invitation for the test on last Friday ( 14-Jan-2022 ).

The test was in my local Centrelink ( Service Australia ) office.

They did not check any document related to my address, date of birth, or any other document. They just saw my current passport and I passed the test and then they said Department of Home Affairs will contact me for further process. He was saying that Department of Home affairs has received many applications and they have requested Service Australia to conduct Citizenship test.

Does anyone had the similar experience? Now how long it will take ? Do I need to go Home Affairs office to show my further documentation ? Or I need to wait for the ceremony straight after that ?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks
Looks like DHA is finally taking action to clear the test backlog by introducing new test venues
You will probably get approved over the next few days as most applicants
There is nothing left for you to do
Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Guys,

Applied for Citizenship on 1st May 21 (Parra NSW). Recently travelled overseas for 4 weeks. Informed DHA through citizenship helpline about travel plans. Now do i have to call them back and let them know that I'm back to australia so that they start processing the application again or is just a waiting game?
Cheers!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi All,

Are Sydney based councils now moving ceremonies back online from in-person due to the COVID case surge?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Each application is assessed based on it's own individual merits. Even if you have a linked application, you will receive ceremony invites together, but not for test. As for when will you receive test invitation is anyone's guess.
Thanks for responding. I got mine now. test date is 9th March, I will try to preponed. so far there is no date available next week or month even. I will keep checking. Also, i had opted for paramatta but they gave me Sydney CBD as test location. Cheers.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks for responding. I got mine now. test date is 9th March, I will try to preponed. so far there is no date available next week or month even. I will keep checking. Also, i had opted for paramatta but they gave me Sydney CBD as test location. Cheers.
dude slots are available in Parramatta on Wednesday, Thursday this week etc and even on January 24th. I was looking it at for my wife's application. Keep on checking occassionally, some will pop up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Guys,

Applied for Citizenship on 1st May 21 (Parra NSW). Recently travelled overseas for 4 weeks. Informed DHA through citizenship helpline about travel plans. Now do i have to call them back and let them know that I'm back to australia so that they start processing the application again or is just a waiting game?
Cheers!
Did you receive the citizenship test invite? Looks like they have sent the invites on 14th for ppl who have applied in June 2021.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you receive the citizenship test invite? Looks like they have sent the invites on 14th for ppl who have applied in June 2021.
No not yet still waiting for the invitation I know few guys who got invited for June last week too. Hopefully mine is just around the corner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
dude slots are available in Parramatta on Wednesday, Thursday this week etc and even on January 24th. I was looking it at for my wife's application. Keep on checking occassionally, some will pop up
Yes there are many availabilities for appointment in Parramatta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all just one small question, I have applied my citizenship and done with my exam and got approved ten months back but did receive my ceremony invitation.

Now my current passport is expiring next week. What I need to do in this scenario. Do you think I need to extend my passport or wait for the ceremony. Moreover, I am thinking to travel overseas as well. So I am in a dilemma of what should me done.

5101 - 5120 of 5166 Posts