Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5081 - 5100 of 5166 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have submitted just a few days back ? Dec 21?
even if dec 2020, you have some wait ahead
Vic is only issuing test invites for July aug 2020 applicants in small numbers when I last heard
Rest of the country including nsw are already issuing invites for July 2021 applicants
I doubt if tests are being conducted after this latest virus surge in VIC as DHA offices maybe closed
Don’t know if Vic government doesn’t allow them to operate or DHA employees don’t want to risk infection

Cheers
Hi, thanks for the response. Sorry for getting my dates wrong as I actually applied December 2020.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, thanks for the response. Sorry for getting my dates wrong as I actually applied December 2020.
You have submitted just a few days back ? Dec 21?
even if dec 2020, you have some wait ahead
Vic is only issuing test invites for July aug 2020 applicants in small numbers when I last heard
Rest of the country including nsw are already issuing invites for July 2021 applicants
I doubt if tests are being conducted after this latest virus surge in VIC as DHA offices maybe closed
Don’t know if Vic government doesn’t allow them to operate or DHA employees don’t want to risk infection

Cheers
[/QUOTEH

Hello, we are still awaiting for a test invite in NSW for application done in March 2021 so lucky ones about the July 2021 invites for test. Such a long and slow process. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all, i applied for citizenship on 9th June 2021 and added my child to my application. then i applied for my wife's too on same date.
My wife has received the test invitation on 24th Dec 2021 and test is on 15th Feb 2022 for her.
However mine and child's application is still in received state. I applied for parramatta council, nsw.
Does anyone know what could be reason and when should i be expecting it or if anyone else faced any such situations before where husband/wife got the test invite but other didnt and how long did it take for the test invite to come for husband/wife?

PR grant: Jan 2017
me living in Australia from May 2017
Wife/child living in Australia from Nov 2017
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone , I applied for citizenship in vic in April 2021 and I have been in india for last month and I am back now but in my citizenship file I didn’t mention the travel schedule so is it gonna effect on timeline of my file and do I need to apply for Indian pcc from india or I should only apply if case officer ask for it
Can somebody pls help me
Thanks very much

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hey all, i applied for citizenship on 9th June 2021 and added my child to my application. then i applied for my wife's too on same date.
My wife has received the test invitation on 24th Dec 2021 and test is on 15th Feb 2022 for her.
However mine and child's application is still in received state. I applied for parramatta council, nsw.
Does anyone know what could be reason and when should i be expecting it or if anyone else faced any such situations before where husband/wife got the test invite but other didnt and how long did it take for the test invite to come for husband/wife?

PR grant: Jan 2017
me living in Australia from May 2017
Wife/child living in Australia from Nov 2017
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Each application is assessed based on it's own individual merits. Even if you have a linked application, you will receive ceremony invites together, but not for test. As for when will you receive test invitation is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi everyone , I applied for citizenship in vic in April 2021 and I have been in india for last month and I am back now but in my citizenship file I didn’t mention the travel schedule so is it gonna effect on timeline of my file and do I need to apply for Indian pcc from india or I should only apply if case officer ask for it
Can somebody pls help me
Thanks very much
If your file was picked up for assessment prior to your travel then your travel might have put a hold on it's processing as DHA obviously tracks your movements. There is not much you can do at this point and just wait for any response from your CO.

If you think that you have spent enough time outside to qualify for a PCC per Citizenship guidelines, it would be better for you to get one and keep it ready or even upload it to your application.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just sharing my timelines

4/05/21 application for citizenship
15/12/2021 invitation for the interview/test
13/01/2022 interview/test
13/01/2022 application approved

location Sydney

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just sharing my timelines

4/05/21 application for citizenship
15/12/2021 invitation for the interview/test
13/01/2022 interview/test
13/01/2022 application approved

location Sydney
Congrats!!!
Do you mind sharing, which documents did your CO checked in the interview? Any particular questions you were asked?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats!!!
Do you mind sharing, which documents did your CO checked in the interview? Any particular questions you were asked?

Thanks
thanks

confirmed name, DOB and address, checked passport, driver licence, birthday certificate and the utility bill, asked on any travel plans, asked to tell them if my circumstances change, that's it, then test

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks

confirmed name, DOB and address, checked passport, driver licence, birthday certificate and the utility bill, asked on any travel plans, asked to tell them if my circumstances change, that's it, then test
Excellent.Pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Team
Just a small question.
My citizenship has been Approved. However, my Ceremony is pending.
My original address is ispwitch brisbane. But now I have moved to melbourne (dandenong) permanently.
Should I change my address to Melbourne, or should i keep the address to Ipswitch, in Brisbane for ceremony purposes ?
PLease advise which council is quicker in arranging Ceremony ?
Or best would be to request a virtual ceremony at Melbourne ?
Regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,

I've been waiting past 2 months to receive my passport. I've called the passport office twice and they got no idea and they say it's still processing and cannot provide an ETA. Timeframe is usally within 6 weeks of application but it's been over 10 weeks now. I've also opted to collect it from the Melbourne passoprt office. Anyone else facing the same issue?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi Team
Just a small question.
My citizenship has been Approved. However, my Ceremony is pending.
My original address is ispwitch brisbane. But now I have moved to melbourne (dandenong) permanently.
Should I change my address to Melbourne, or should i keep the address to Ipswitch, in Brisbane for ceremony purposes ?
PLease advise which council is quicker in arranging Ceremony ?
Or best would be to request a virtual ceremony at Melbourne ?
Regards
You will probably get a quicker ceremony in Melbourne as there are very few approvals
You can try for virtual ceremony
Cheers

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi all,

I've been waiting past 2 months to receive my passport. I've called the passport office twice and they got no idea and they say it's still processing and cannot provide an ETA. Timeframe is usally within 6 weeks of application but it's been over 10 weeks now. I've also opted to collect it from the Melbourne passoprt office. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Is it a renewal or a fresh passport ?
Till a few months back the passports were being despatched in 2 3 days
Keep requesting the department
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will probably get a quicker ceremony in Melbourne as there are very few approvals
You can try for virtual ceremony
Cheers
Thanks for quick responswe. Just 03 more questions ?
Is online ceremony only offered by few councils in Melbourne ?
Is Dandenong City Council offering virtual ceremonies ?
Do I only change address in immi account for Melbourne Or I need to reach out to Local Dandenong Council as well. ?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Thanks for quick responswe. Just 03 more questions ?
Is online ceremony only offered by few councils in Melbourne ?
Is Dandenong City Council offering virtual ceremonies ?
Do I only change address in immi account for Melbourne Or I need to reach out to Local Dandenong Council as well. ?
Virtual ceremonies are done both by DHA as well as the local council
You will have to update your address with the evidence in Immiaccount
You will have to check with the council for ceremonies
Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your file was picked up for assessment prior to your travel then your travel might have put a hold on it's processing as DHA obviously tracks your movements. There is not much you can do at this point and just wait for any response from your CO.

If you think that you have spent enough time outside to qualify for a PCC per Citizenship guidelines, it would be better for you to get one and keep it ready or even upload it to your application.
Thanks so much
Actually I was in india for 40 days do u reckon the CO will ask for PCC still ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

I have applied for a citizenship in March 2021 in Victoria (10 months ago), I am aware of the current delays, but was wondering how much longer it may take for my application to reach the 'approved' stage – I'm not even thinking about the interview stage yet, as this will most likely take a while..unfortunately.

Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi all,

I have applied for a citizenship in March 2021 in Victoria (10 months ago), I am aware of the current delays, but was wondering how much longer it may take for my application to reach the 'approved' stage – I'm not even thinking about the interview stage yet, as this will most likely take a while..unfortunately.

Thanks
Well, you reach Approved stage after the test and interview.

5081 - 5100 of 5166 Posts