Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
5061 - 5080 of 5166 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for all the responses that means a lot for me.

Can you please also clarify about the birth certificate question in the application. If I do not have a birth certificate then can I use a Family Relation Certificate(FRC)?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Thank you for all the responses that means a lot for me.

Can you please also clarify about the birth certificate question in the application. If I do not have a birth certificate then can I use a Family Relation Certificate(FRC)?
Which country?
Cheers

·
Registered
25,051 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am waiting for my ceremony invite too. Mine got approved on October. Fingers crossed to get some intimation soon.

Hey all,

Are there any applicants waiting for a ceremony in Adelaide? My application was approved in September and still no news about the ceremony. Please advise! Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi,
What is the average waiting time from application submission to getting the Australian passport these days?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys,

Just a couple of questions regarding the citizenship application. They may have been answered before but I'm unable to find the answers using the search function.

I would highly appreciate you answering them again.

Question 1: On Page 3, the application asks:

Does this applicant have the details of their previous application?

Is this asking about a previous citizenship application or not? I saw one answer within the thread stating it's about PR application. If someone could clarify that'd be great.

Question 2: On page 3 again, it asks for occupation?

Is it my current occupation or the occupation I got skill assessed for in my PR visa?

Last question: On page 20, it asks for identity documents and one option is bank statement

My bank statement doesn't have my date of birth or even a document reference number, do I just put in the correct details? I mean it also asks for Sex, Place of birth. All those details wouldn't be on a bank statement, what to do? Unfortunately, I do not have any Australian ID (utilities bill, rental contract or even a drivers license).

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone here done the residency calculator and then gone on to Immi and it didn't let you get past page 6? I'm 100% confident I put all my dates in correctly, and I went to log in to the system and it said I didn't meet eligibility requirements.

Yes - I've had my PR for over a year
Yes - I've been lawfully resident for the past 4 years, etc.

Wasn't sure if maybe there was a day delay or something from the residency calculator and their systems?
Hi @markdaniels , I am facing the same situation as yours, as the system is not allowing me to proceed with my application beyond pg.6 although I am eligible today! So shall I wait for a day or two so that the system will update itself and allow me to proceed? or do I need to contact the helpdesk for this? Appreciate your kind feedback.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi @markdaniels , I am facing the same situation as yours, as the system is not allowing me to proceed with my application beyond pg.6 although I am eligible today! So shall I wait for a day or two so that the system will update itself and allow me to proceed? or do I need to contact the helpdesk for this? Appreciate your kind feedback.
Wait for a week or two as the calculator is not always accurate, whereas the application form is. If you are still anxious, please post exact dates here (including your travel) and folks can suggest based on that.

Reactions: Ama22

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Question 1: On Page 3, the application asks:

Does this applicant have the details of their previous application?

Is this asking about a previous citizenship application or not? I saw one answer within the thread stating it's about PR application. If someone could clarify that'd be great.
Your PR application details need to be provided here.

Question 2: On page 3 again, it asks for occupation?

Is it my current occupation or the occupation I got skill assessed for in my PR visa?
Your current occupation.

Last question: On page 20, it asks for identity documents and one option is bank statement

My bank statement doesn't have my date of birth or even a document reference number, do I just put in the correct details? I mean it also asks for Sex, Place of birth. All those details wouldn't be on a bank statement, what to do? Unfortunately, I do not have any Australian ID (utilities bill, rental contract or even a drivers license).
Sorry, You need to present a valid ID. If you have none, at least try and get a state ID which is issued at least in NSW. Not sure how bank statement can be put in as a Identity document, as at best it can only support your address.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys , I applied for citizenship in vic in April 2021 and I have been in india for last month and I am back now but in my citizenship file I didn’t mention the travel schedule so is it gonna effect on timeline of my file and do I need to apply for Indian pcc from india or I should only apply if case officer ask for it
Can somebody pls suggest me
Thanks very much

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your PR application details need to be provided here.

Your current occupation.

Sorry, You need to present a valid ID. If you have none, at least try and get a state ID which is issued at least in NSW. Not sure how bank statement can be put in as a Identity document, as at best it can only support your address.
Hey mate! Thanks a ton for clarifying!

As for the Identity Document, on Page 19 it asks: Documents with photograph and signature <-- I'm using my Passport for that
and on Page 20 it asks: Evidence of current residential address

I was hoping the bank statement would suffice for that?
I'm confused as the page still has options such as below:
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

Thanks again for taking the time to assist :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update for campbelltown city council NSW. I emailed them asking if citizenship ceremony for Australia day will go ahead and I receieved an email back today saying

"Thank you for your email below. With the evolving covid-19 situation, we will most likely be continuing with online citizenship ceremonies this year. However, with most of our staff returning to work today, we are yet to confirm any upcoming dates for these citizenship ceremonies. "

So i think we are in for a bit of a wait. Fingers crossed its not too long of a wait

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, I submitted my citizenship application on the 23rd of December 2021 (online and live in Vic) and yet to hear anything. Per the immigration website, 90% of the applications take 15 months. Should I wait for 3 more months before contacting immigration?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Hi Everyone, I submitted my citizenship application on the 23rd of December 2021 (online and live in Vic) and yet to hear anything. Per the immigration website, 90% of the applications take 15 months. Should I wait for 3 more months before contacting immigration?
You have submitted just a few days back ? Dec 21?
even if dec 2020, you have some wait ahead
Vic is only issuing test invites for July aug 2020 applicants in small numbers when I last heard
Rest of the country including nsw are already issuing invites for July 2021 applicants
I doubt if tests are being conducted after this latest virus surge in VIC as DHA offices maybe closed
Don’t know if Vic government doesn’t allow them to operate or DHA employees don’t want to risk infection

Cheers

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hey mate! Thanks a ton for clarifying!

As for the Identity Document, on Page 19 it asks: Documents with photograph and signature <-- I'm using my Passport for that
and on Page 20 it asks: Evidence of current residential address

I was hoping the bank statement would suffice for that?
I'm confused as the page still has options such as below:
View attachment 100946

Thanks again for taking the time to assist :)
Yes, for your address, a bank statement will suffice. Alternatives are utility bills to prove your address

5061 - 5080 of 5166 Posts