Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
4621 - 4640 of 4680 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Group,
I am applying for citizenship and had a quick question on Proof of Birth.
I do not have physical Xth Marksheet with me as that is in India.
The idea was I can always go and get it but due to pandemic have not travelled for last 2 years.

In such a case is Passport an acceptable proof of Birth.
I have read that VFS birth certificate isn't of any use.
Has anybody else used passport as acceptable proof of Birth.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Group,
I am applying for citizenship and had a quick question on Proof of Birth.
I do not have physical Xth Marksheet with me as that is in India.
The idea was I can always go and get it but due to pandemic have not travelled for last 2 years.

In such a case is Passport an acceptable proof of Birth.
I have read that VFS birth certificate isn't of any use.
Has anybody else used passport as acceptable proof of Birth.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I just used passport for my wife. It will be acceptable as proof of birth.

·
Registered
24,487 Posts
any idea when victoria will start processing citizenship applications?
Processing is not stopped
It’s continuing in the background and applications are being approved for those who have already completed their tests
For others they will process to the maximum extent possible so that they can be approved as soon as they pass the test
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All

Does the department use registered post when sending the Citizenship Certificate? I live in an apartment and usually Aus Post take registered post directly to the post office (sometimes no leaflet is left in the post box). Can we call the department and ask for any tracking number?

Appreciate if anyone with a similar experience could clarify.

Thanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
It’s continuing in the background and applications are being approved for those who have already completed their tests
For others they will process to the maximum extent possible so that they can be approved as soon as they pass the test
Cheers
Hi NB, is this really the case or just an assumption?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cheers
Can you explain when you say for people who have already completed their tests ? I think the question was asked for the applications which are still in acknowledgement stage and have not received the any interview / tests appointment . This list has not moved since last few months as checked from the immitracker . Can you share any information about that ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear All

Does the department use registered post when sending the Citizenship Certificate? I live in an apartment and usually Aus Post take registered post directly to the post office (sometimes no leaflet is left in the post box). Can we call the department and ask for any tracking number?

Appreciate if anyone with a similar experience could clarify.

Thanks!
Yes it uses registered post but doesn’t share tracking with you
You need to sign for it
For me, the concierge signed in my building
My ceremony was Friday and Thursday the following week certificate has arrived

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello All,

I am just stuck submitting my application because I do not have a birth certificate. It is nearly impossible to get one from the town municipality where I was born.

I understand from the forum, that Xth mark sheet can be used in lieu of a birth certificate. Originally, I am from Tamil Nadu, India and the mark sheets from TN does not have parents name on it. It is just the student name(with initials) and the DOB. Will it be sufficient as valid proof for Birth identity?

Is there a chance, during the interview, can CO reject the application if he/she is not satisfied with Xth mark sheets as proof for birth?

Thanks
Karthik

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All,

I am just stuck submitting my application because I do not have a birth certificate. It is nearly impossible to get one from the town municipality where I was born.

I understand from the forum, that Xth mark sheet can be used in lieu of a birth certificate. Originally, I am from Tamil Nadu, India and the mark sheets from TN does not have parents name on it. It is just the student name(with initials) and the DOB. Will it be sufficient as valid proof for Birth identity?

Is there a chance, during the interview, can CO reject the application if he/she is not satisfied with Xth mark sheets as proof for birth?

Thanks
Karthik
I got my citizenship showing Adhaar card and uploaded 10th class as additional document.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it uses registered post but doesn’t share tracking with you
You need to sign for it
For me, the concierge signed in my building
My ceremony was Friday and Thursday the following week certificate has arrived
Hi Auscutie

Thanks a lot for the response, btw did you already get the passport? is it through normal or priority processing? I'm thinking of using priority processing. Not sure if there will be any delays in the normal processing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have applied in April last week 2021 in NSW and my application is still in "Received" Status. The application didn't even move to 'Initial assessment' stage. is anyone ese also on the same boat?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Auscutie

Thanks a lot for the response, btw did you already get the passport? is it through normal or priority processing? I'm thinking of using priority processing. Not sure if there will be any delays in the normal processing.

Thanks!
I have ordered it last Friday (normal processing) and haven’t received the notification it’s been despatched yet. If you’re in a rush to travel internationally then it’s worth it I think, otherwise I’d just get the regular one. Extra 200$ wasn’t really worth it for me :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
In the immi tracker, I can see few applications submitted as recent as Sept 20th updated with "interview appointed".

Can anyone update what is the actual waiting time though in website it says 17 to 19 months?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have applied in April last week 2021 in NSW and my application is still in "Received" Status. The application didn't even move to 'Initial assessment' stage. is anyone ese also on the same boat?
Yeah....Received status from 08May2021
:rolleyes::(:cautious:

·
Registered
24,487 Posts
In the immi tracker, I can see few applications submitted as recent as Sept 20th updated with "interview appointed".

Can anyone update what is the actual waiting time though in website it says 17 to 19 months?
I think it’s a wrong data
There was a delay of 4-5 months in nsw before covid hit
Now there have been no interviews for the past several months so the wait will be closer to 7-8 months now
Cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dear NB, do you have some inputs on Birth certificate on if passport or Adhaar are acceptable.
Will really appreciate your inputs on this.
For several people passport has worked, however, no harm in carrying a scanned copy of Xth class marksheet with DOB and parent's name, just in case the CO asks for it, just tell him/her that the original is outside Australia and you can not get it due to the pandemic. This actually worked for someone I know. Again totally depends on case officer but given the extenuating circumstances due to the pandemic, passport only should work as it has for many people. Good luck.

Reactions: anuapply
4621 - 4640 of 4680 Posts