Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
4601 - 4620 of 4643 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The residency calculator is not full proof
When you will start submitting the online application, the system will tell you whether you are eligible or not
Moreover flights can be delayed and it’s the time you cross the immigration gate, which is important
Don’t cut it so close
Cheers
Thanks NB. I have booked the flights which are not refundable, and I cannot change the flights since most of the inward flights are sold out. Should I ask a MARA Agent regarding this issue? Will they know the answer for this one? Thanks.

K

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Friends,

Any one on 190 state sponsored visa and applied for citizenship recently after moving state before 2 yrs commitment .... any issues during your citizenship application due not completing 2 year commitment ..

falling short by few months in 2 years and most of the threads here suggest there is no legal obligation but could be an issue with citizenship application ..

reason for move to other state is tough job market due to pandemic and finding hard to survive ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi pokeman and Blacks west,

I get my approval on 22/01/21 and received an invitation of 18/10/21 ceremony, which is not published online. I think they are doing more ceremony to catch up without publishing. Job interview or applying a job is not a reason to apply for vc. I tried.
I had my VC from BCC few weeks back. I had a job offer for which I need to be Aus Citizen to accept and join my new employer. Job interviews/applications will not work, but if you have an offer that requires you to be a citizen to accept it, you can request for VC

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does anyone know estimate time for Passport application? It said 3 weeks processing time on the website. Does anyone receive their passport earlier? Thanks
My passport was dispatched within 3 days from the date I applied. However, AUPost took 10 days to get it delivered to me

·
Registered
15 Posts
My passport was dispatched within 3 days from the date I applied. However, AUPost took 10 days to get it delivered to me
The mail is moving very slow! Passports are processed quicker but the delivery takes longer that 10 days in some cases. Alternatively one could opt for a rapid service through Auspost and the passport is ready within 48hrs. Please bear in mind the rapid service comes at a price of $521. When opting for a rapid service it is advisable to choose to collect the passport from the passport office to avoid mailing delays. Even when choosing a regular processing you have an option of collecting the passport from the passport office, this will cut down on delivery time, which are painfully longer these days.

·
Registered
24,463 Posts
Hi All,

how much notice is usually given for an in person ceremony? 2 or 3 or 4 weeks?

thanks.
It’s a messy state of affairs
There is no clear path or timeline
The invites are sometimes sent by DHA directly by email and sometimes by the council through post
So it all depends on the council you are in
You have to keep a watch on both your email and post, to make sure that you don’t miss the invite
Cheers

·
Registered
178 Posts
=============================================================================================
The BCC website has been updated and they are conducting the ceremony below.

A citizenship ceremony will be held on:
  • Monday 11 October 2021
  • Monday 18 October 2021
  • Monday 1 November 2021
  • Monday 29 November 2021.
FINALLY. I have received invite for the ceremony on Monday 1 November 2021 at the Brisbane City Hall. Below is my detail:
Applied: September 20, 2020​
Exam/Interview Invite: January 5, 2021​
Exam Interview Completed: February 5, 2021​
Ceremony Date: November 1, 2021​
This is good news. My wife completed her citizenship interview on Feb 12th 2021, so we can expect her ceremony invite for either 1st or 29th November this year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all,
My citizenship test was cancelled due to COVID lockdown in Sydney. Not sure anyone here has the same experience and do you receive the invite again (I think that Sydney is open again)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
My citizenship test was cancelled due to COVID lockdown in Sydney. Not sure anyone here has the same experience and do you receive the invite again (I think that Sydney is open again)?
They should have restarted but apparently thats not the case. May be after 80% then. I believe you will be notified when they restart. What’s your date of application?
I applied on 25 May. Just trying to get an idea on wait time after they start the process.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They should have restarted but apparently thats not the case. May be after 80% then. I believe you will be notified when they restart. What’s your date of application?
I applied on 25 May. Just trying to get an idea on wait time after they start the process.
I applied on 9 Apr, and received the invite for the test on July then rescheduled it on 28 June.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello All,

Thank you all for the insights the you are providing in the forum.

I am applying for citizenship and I have a quick question regarding when to apply for PCC.

I entered Australia in Apr 2017 and stayed for a week. I moved permanently to Sydney Nov 2017.
There is a 7 month period, I was living in India and I understand PCC is required as I lived overseas more than 90 days. Am I correct?

If yes, when do I need to apply for the PCC with the Indian consulate?
Is PCC required during the application submission or we need to provide only when it is requested by CO.

Thanks in advance.

KK

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hello All,

I am applying for citizenship and I have a quick question regarding when to apply for PCC.

I entered Australia in Apr 2017 and stayed for a week. I moved permanently to Sydney Nov 2017.
There is a 7 month period, I was living in India and I understand PCC is required as I lived overseas more than 90 days. Am I correct?

Is PCC required during the application submission or we need to provide only when it is requested by CO.

Thanks in advance.

KK
Yes, PCC is required in your case. You need to apply PCC at VFS. Once you submit the application, it will list a documents to be uploaded. If you do not upload PCC until the CO opens your file, they will ask you to provide it. I will suggest to submit the application and apply for PCC. It will take 4-8 weeks for it to come, so you can uploaded it later.

Link - https://services.vfsglobal.com/aus/en/ind/apply-passport

Reactions: karthy84

·
Registered
231 Posts
Applied on 08May2021...
Hopefully they start from next week after 80% vax rate

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

KK
What is your PR grant date? Also have you travelled out of Australia since Nov 2017?

Have you stayed outside Australia for more than 12 months "Since the day your PR was granted"? If so you need to get PCC from every country that you have stayed 90 days or over.

Reactions: karthy84

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, PCC is required in your case. You need to apply PCC at VFS. Once you submit the application, it will list a documents to be uploaded. If you do not upload PCC until the CO opens your file, they will ask you to provide it. I will suggest to submit the application and apply for PCC. It will take 4-8 weeks for it to come, so you can uploaded it later.

Link - https://services.vfsglobal.com/aus/en/ind/apply-passport
Thanks a lot for the information.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is your PR grant date? Also have you travelled out of Australia since Nov 2017?

Have you stayed outside Australia for more than 12 months "Since the day your PR was granted"? If so you need to get PCC from every country that you have stayed 90 days or over.
Thanks a lot for the comment.
My PR grant was Mar 2017.
I travelled to India for 3 weeks after Nov 2017.

4601 - 4620 of 4643 Posts