Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
4581 - 4600 of 4643 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi pokeman and Blacks west,

I get my approval on 22/01/21 and received an invitation of 18/10/21 ceremony, which is not published online. I think they are doing more ceremony to catch up without publishing. Job interview or applying a job is not a reason to apply for vc. I tried.

=============================================================================================
The BCC website has been updated and they are conducting the ceremony below.

A citizenship ceremony will be held on:
  • Monday 11 October 2021
  • Monday 18 October 2021
  • Monday 1 November 2021
  • Monday 29 November 2021.
FINALLY. I have received invite for the ceremony on Monday 1 November 2021 at the Brisbane City Hall. Below is my detail:
Applied: September 20, 2020​
Exam/Interview Invite: January 5, 2021​
Exam Interview Completed: February 5, 2021​
Ceremony Date: November 1, 2021​

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have been invitied to attend virtual ceremony by DoHA. I have few questions -

1. How long does it take for certicate to arrive? And once I apply for passport, how long it will take for passport to come in mail?
2. Is it permitted to travel to India on Indian passport after citizenship ceremony?

Thanks
Which state are you in please?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just finished my Virtual Citizenship Ceremony now. Thanks to everyone's help here and God bless everyone abundantly.
The Ceremony was done in 4 minutes. Ceremony was straight to the point, show ID Proof and then the pledge.
My Timeline
30/06/2020 Application
05/05/2021 Test
08/10/2021 Virtual Ceremony
I got the ceremony test date after sending an email to "[email protected]" on 3rd Oct 2021, as I am based in Victoria and the ceremony was held by DOHA.
My council for reference is City of Greater Geelong (Regional Victoria)
Any personal questions, please shoot up an personal message through my profile

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,

I have been invitied to attend virtual ceremony by DoHA. I have few questions -

1. How long does it take for certicate to arrive? And once I apply for passport, how long it will take for passport to come in mail?
2. Is it permitted to travel to India on Indian passport after citizenship ceremony?

Thanks
My best guess is 1 to 2 weeks for your certificate to arrive by mail,the Australian passport comes in 2 weeks after you apply,We not allowed to use Indian passport once we receive our Australian citizenship certificate, plus as per Australian laws all Australian citizens need to use Australian passport to exit and enter Australia.

Once you get your Aus passport,you need to apply for OCI card+ renunciate the Indian passport- this takes approx 4 weeks.

Reactions: sandeshrego

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know estimate time for Passport application? It said 3 weeks processing time on the website. Does anyone receive their passport earlier? Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone know estimate time for Passport application? It said 3 weeks processing time on the website. Does anyone receive their passport earlier? Thanks
I applied for a passport on 2nd June morning through a local post office in Brisbane and i had the passport in my hand by 15th June afternoon.

You can opt for priority processing if you are in a hurry (301+220$-priority fee)- 521$, which gives you passport in 2 working days.

DFAT is expecting delays in passport processing in Nov 2021 once the borders partially open

·
Registered
8 Posts
I applied for a passport on 2nd June morning through a local post office in Brisbane and i had the passport in my hand by 15th June afternoon.

You can opt for priority processing if you are in a hurry (301+220$-priority fee)- 521$, which gives you passport in 2 working days.

DFAT is expecting delays in passport processing in Nov 2021 once the borders partially open
Has anyone had a virtual ceremony in Brisbane by any chance? Can you opt for that ones you know your ceremony date?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Guys,

Any one know what happens to the PR visa once the citizenship is finalised?

·
Registered
417 Posts
This question is for applicants from people originally from Pakistan. Has anyone used Family Registration Certificate (FRC) for citizenship application instead of the Birth certificate? I lost my birth certificate so don't know what to do.

·
Registered
268 Posts
A quick query guys. My wife was on visit visa for 6 months. Is that considered a part of 4 years period of lawful residence as per the 4 years criteria to apply for the citizenship? She qualifies for all the conditions laid by the rules for obtaining citizenship excpet for this confusion

·
Registered
24,463 Posts
A quick query guys. My wife was on visit visa for 6 months. Is that considered a part of 4 years period of lawful residence as per the 4 years criteria to apply for the citizenship? She qualifies for all the conditions laid by the rules for obtaining citizenship excpet for this confusion
There are many other points to be taken into consideration
Just try to submit the application online
The system will not allow you to proceed beyond page 6 if you are not eligible
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
With NSW lock down to lift next week, has anyone received invite for interview/test?
From immitracker, I noticed that they had started inviting on applications submitted in first week of April 2021. Hoping they start this soon.
Where did yo check? can you share the immitracker link?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone knows when would the citizenship test/ Interview center opens up in NSW after the lockdown.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It will be affected
As you cannot be out for more then a year in the last 4 years on the date you apply, all the period that you have lived prior to the date you return, will not be counted
You will need to live 3 years continuously in Australia after you return to become eligible at the earliest
Cheers
Thanks NB , What about those on Talent Visa ? based on the new resident requirement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all,
Does anyone know the exact definition of including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months for the residency requirement?

I am PR now, and I have a tricky situation here. I plan to travel overseas from 09/11/2021 (12 PM flight at Sydney airport) to 08/02/2022 (Arrive in Sydney Airport around 8 AM on 08/02/2022) which is 90 days exclude the departure day and arriving day. Does it meet the requirement of no more than 90 days in total? I have checked the legislation but cannot find the definition. However, I use the Residency calculator and find out it actually meet the residency requirements. I am confused now.
Thanks for helping in advance.

K

·
Registered
24,463 Posts
Hello all,
Does anyone know the exact definition of including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months for the residency requirement?

I am PR now, and I have a tricky situation here. I plan to travel overseas from 09/11/2021 (12 PM flight at Sydney airport) to 08/02/2022 (Arrive in Sydney Airport around 8 AM on 08/02/2022) which is 90 days exclude the departure day and arriving day. Does it meet the requirement of no more than 90 days in total? I have checked the legislation but cannot find the definition. However, I use the Residency calculator and find out it actually meet the residency requirements. I am confused now.
Thanks for helping in advance.

K
The residency calculator is not full proof
When you will start submitting the online application, the system will tell you whether you are eligible or not
Moreover flights can be delayed and it’s the time you cross the immigration gate, which is important
Don’t cut it so close
Cheers

4581 - 4600 of 4643 Posts