Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

3701 - 3720 of 3734 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

Citizen application applied : June 2021
Complete the test and received citizenship approval on : Feb 01 2021
However due to personal circumstances travelled overseas via the exemption process in march 2021.

Before travelling I called immi home affairs and informed about my travel in march. They informed application will be on hold.

Late last week I got an email to attend the ceremony in the month of June.
I am concerned that I have to postpone the ceremony as I am in overseas at the moment.
Currently it has been hard to plan my travel back to Australia given this pandemic and limited travel options.

May I please know how long can I postpone my citizenship ceremony to a maximum period ?
In addition to this, Can anyone please provide more information about the citizenship approval validity as I might not be able to travel back any sooner due to the flight availability and risk of travelling.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
What was your city or center where you applied.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Issue date is relevant
Cheers
What is issue date in this case?

BTW, I'm not even being able to attach my bank statement (its 5 pages long). I get this error: Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of pages will exceed the attachment limit.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
What is issue date in this case?

BTW, I'm not even being able to attach my bank statement (its 5 pages long). I get this error: Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of pages will exceed the attachment limit.
The issue date will be the start date of the bank statement
Try to reduce the pdf file size using utilities
Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
The issue date will be the start date of the bank statement
Try to reduce the pdf file size using utilities
Cheers
The issue date will be the start date of the bank statement - by that logic, shouldn't there also be an expiration date which is the end date of the bank statement?

Try to reduce the pdf file size using utilities - I don't think its a size issue, the file is already just 500kb. It's just that it has 5 pages. I'm not sure why they would decline it.

Some further questions:

1. By "Previous application" do they mean my PR grant (which I am currently on)?

2. Should I include here the details of the passport I used when I first arrived in Australia?

prev application.png first arrival.png

3. I have already done an Australian Police Check recently. Can I include it in my application?

4. Is providing a National ID mandatory? According to this page in the immigration website, it needs to be certified. If I can't provide it for some reason, how/where do I explain the reason behind it?

5. Instead of Bank Statement, can I provide current Tenancy Confirmation letter? It is a single page, as opposed to the rental agreement doc, which is multi-page and the portal isn't let me upload multi-page doc for bank statement option.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ceremony on 28/06/2021
Application approved on 18/02/2021
Cumberland Council, NSW

Reactions: kevin511

·
Registered
202 Posts
By mistake I ticked the box and now my answer is “I don’t want media attention ceremony “
What should I do now? Since I can’t do anything through portal
It really doesn’t matter. If you want you can ask the officer to change it for you when you show up for your interview/test.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Woow Vinny!! Congratulation .
Your timeline is typically to mine but my application got approved mid March. I also changed my address in October2020 but I’m staying in same parramatta council.
Can I know when did receive the ceremony invite?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks 🙂
I got the email (although I was expecting post mail), on Wed, May 19, 4:35 PM.

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just wondering moving from Victoria to other state will helps the citizenship application get approved soon.

Applied 06-Aug-2020.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just wondering moving from Victoria to other state will helps the citizenship application get approved soon.

Applied 06-Aug-2020.
Hi Dawn, you will be just in the list for the test. as soon as the lockdown is lifted you will get the appointment, as i know some of the folks applied in July2020 got their test appointment recently.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Dawn, you will be just in the list for the test. as soon as the lockdown is lifted you will get the appointment, as i know some of the folks applied in July2020 got their test appointment recently.
Yes you are absolutely correct, I am following the immitracker and noted that most of the July 2020 applicants got invited for interview. After test we have to wait another 6 to 8 months for the ceremony. Many of them are awaiting the ceremony more than 6months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

How long can it take for application status to change from "received" to approved?

Its been a week for me since I passed the test. On the other hand, my wife's application status changed to approved the same day

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Hi,

How long can it take for application status to change from "received" to approved?

Its been a week for me since I passed the test. On the other hand, my wife's application status changed to approved the same day
No one can predict but most approvals are not delayed beyond 2 months these past few months
Cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi All,
My Citizenship Timeline as follows:
Citizenship applied: 26 October 2020
Test Invitation: 14 April 2021
Test Date: 20 April 2021
Additional document upload upon request by CO: 20 April 2021
Approval: 21 April 2021
Request for Urgent Ceremony: 28 May 2021
Invitation for virtual ceremony: 1 June 2021
Ceremony: 9 June 2021
Campbelltown City Council, NSW

Reactions: kevin511

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,
My Citizenship Timeline as follows:
Citizenship applied: 26 October 2020
Test Invitation: 14 April 2021
Test Date: 20 April 2021
Additional document upload upon request by CO: 20 April 2021
Approval: 21 April 2021
Request for Urgent Ceremony: 28 May 2021
Invitation for virtual ceremony: 1 June 2021
Ceremony: 9 June 2021
Campbelltown City Council, NSW
Congrats mate, that is quick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,

I have got my citizeship approval letter, I am just wondering if I change my address now will the status change and will it delay my process , any idea please suggest, thanks

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Hi All,

I have got my citizeship approval letter, I am just wondering if I change my address now will the status change and will it delay my process , any idea please suggest, thanks
Unless you change cities or state , it shouldn’t matter much
All that’s pending is your ceremony
Cheers

3701 - 3720 of 3734 Posts