Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

3681 - 3700 of 3734 Posts

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Hello Everyone,
As part of the citizenship application, I have been asked to submit PCC within 28 days however it's going to take some time. I have requested for an extension with proof of my PCC application. I have sent an email as well as uploaded the extension request as an attachment to my original online application. I have not received any acknowledgment or approval/rejection of the extension yet after 14 days. I tried to call helpdesk but even they can't acknowledge if my extension request has been received/accepted/rejected. What shall I do, kindly guide ? Thanks
As long as you have uploaded the pcc application document and can see them in Immiaccount, you are safe
Upload the pcc as and when you get it and press the IP button if it is active
Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Everyone,
As part of the citizenship application, I have been asked to submit PCC within 28 days however it's going to take some time. I have requested for an extension with proof of my PCC application. I have sent an email as well as uploaded the extension request as an attachment to my original online application. I have not received any acknowledgment or approval/rejection of the extension yet after 14 days. I tried to call helpdesk but even they can't acknowledge if my extension request has been received/accepted/rejected. What shall I do, kindly guide ? Thanks
What is the reason you where asked to do a PCC? did you spend more than 90 days outside Australia after your PR is granted?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my ceremony done on 2-Jun-2021 at Parramatta, NSW.

Applied for passport on 3-Jun-2021 😊

My best wishes to all. 😊😊

Alright peeps, I finally got the appointment email last week. Below are my timelines. I hope it will help you.

Application lodged : 17-May- 2020
Lodge from : Sydney CBD
Changed Address on : 24-Oct-2020 (attached new lease agreement)
Changed Address to : Parramatta Council (Sydney)
Appointment email received on:
22-Feb-2021
Initial Appointment date: 17-Mar-2021
Rescheduled to : 25-Feb-2021
Application Status: Approved

Waiting for Ceremony notification from Parramatta council (Sydney) now.

Thanks a lot to people who are helping here and giving all of us a hope. Good luck to everyone. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Guys , I was wondering do we have to surrender our Indian passport within 3 months even if we don't plan to use it, after ceremony?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Hey Guys , I was wondering do we have to surrender our Indian passport within 3 months even if we don't plan to use it, after ceremony?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I think you pay a penalty for delay in surrendering the passport after a certain period
Check VFS website for latest guidelines
But primarily if you don’t intend to use the passport, what’s the use of keeping it as till you surrender it, you will not be eligible for the OCI card
Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone got news of virtual ceremony resuming again in VIC as I can see we are not getting out of lockdown any time sooner now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QLD/Brisbane City Council area: My wife and kids application was approved 26-Oct-2020 while mine was approved 11-Mar-2021. When mine was approved, the interviewer asked if I wanted to connect both applications as it might expedite my ceremony with my wife and kids. I okayed it but now it seems after speaking with home affairs that their application is attached to mine, and so they will have to wait longer to get an invite to ceremony.

Any thoughts anyone? How it works? We haven't received an invite yet while my wife's duration of wait is over 7 months now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my ceremony done on 2-Jun-2021 at Parramatta, NSW.

Applied for passport on 3-Jun-2021

My best wishes to all.
Woow Vinny!! Congratulation .
Your timeline is typically to mine but my application got approved mid March. I also changed my address in October2020 but I’m staying in same parramatta council.
Can I know when did receive the ceremony invite?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
QLD/Brisbane City Council area: My wife and kids application was approved 26-Oct-2020 while mine was approved 11-Mar-2021. When mine was approved, the interviewer asked if I wanted to connect both applications as it might expedite my ceremony with my wife and kids. I okayed it but now it seems after speaking with home affairs that their application is attached to mine, and so they will have to wait longer to get an invite to ceremony.

Any thoughts anyone? How it works? We haven't received an invite yet while my wife's duration of wait is over 7 months now.
In old times, you would have the advantage and got a faster ceremony along with your wife and kids
After covid, no one knows what DHA is doing in such cases
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have cal
Yes still 1 year period is not waived off as people are getting test approvals with 12 months specified. Also virtual interviews were being conducted to make sure that 12 month period timeline is met.
I have called up home affairs and explained the situation, they suggested to drop a note to virtual nsw online ceremony team, however no one replied to my email on the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have cal

I have called up home affairs and explained the situation, they suggested to drop a note to virtual nsw online ceremony team, however no one replied to my email on the same.
Yes one is lucky enough to get a virtual ceremony. Also as things were getting better, the sort of decreased virtual ceremonies, however in view of current outbreak, lets hope they resume virtual ceremony again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Citizen application applied : June 2021
Complete the test and received citizenship approval on : Feb 01 2021
However due to personal circumstances travelled overseas via the exemption process in march 2021.

Before travelling I called immi home affairs and informed about my travel in march. They informed application will be on hold.

Late last week I got an email to attend the ceremony in the month of June.
I am concerned that I have to postpone the ceremony as I am in overseas at the moment.
Currently it has been hard to plan my travel back to Australia given this pandemic and limited travel options.

May I please know how long can I postpone my citizenship ceremony to a maximum period ?
In addition to this, Can anyone please provide more information about the citizenship approval validity as I might not be able to travel back any sooner due to the flight availability and risk of travelling.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.
In addition to the above, My citizenship ceremony is still pending, (application is approved on 01-Feb-2021) We had a baby born in overseas, Do we need to apply PR for the baby as he is not born in Australia ? Also do we need to update any form in the citizenship application to include the baby details. Please advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks NB for your
Due to the pandemic, the 1 year clause is presently waived off
How long it will continue to be waived is hard to predict, but probably it will not be reimposed till the borders are opened
Cheers
Thanks NB for your reply. I have a query, My citizenship ceremony is still pending, (application is approved on 01-Feb-2021) We had a baby born in overseas, Do we need to apply PR for the baby as he is not born in Australia ? Also do we need to update any form in the citizenship application to include the baby details. Please advise.

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Thanks NB for your

Thanks NB for your reply. I have a query, My citizenship ceremony is still pending, (application is approved on 01-Feb-2021) We had a baby born in overseas, Do we need to apply PR for the baby as he is not born in Australia ? Also do we need to update any form in the citizenship application to include the baby details. Please advise.
As the baby is born before you became a citizen, you will have to apply for his/her PR
Your citizenship application is already approved but you can inform the department of the baby in your application by uploading a word doc giving the details of the baby birth
Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

A few questions:

1. Will Birth Certificate extract suffice? It has both my parent's full name/nationality on it.

2. In IMMI portal's Citizenship application Identity Documents step (Evidence of current residential address) there are options for Bank Statement and Rental Contract (among others). However if I click on any one of those, the form I get asks for Passport related documents (e.g. Issue date/expiry date/issue place etc.). I'm not sure how why those would be relevant if I choose Bank statement/Rental contract as my option.

Would appreciate if someone who's applied for citizenship online can clarify. Here's what I'm talking about:

Form Example.png

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Hi,

A few questions:

1. Will Birth Certificate extract suffice? It has both my parent's full name/nationality on it.

2. In IMMI portal's Citizenship application Identity Documents step (Evidence of current residential address) there are options for Bank Statement and Rental Contract (among others). However if I click on any one of those, the form I get asks for Passport related documents (e.g. Issue date/expiry date/issue place etc.). I'm not sure how why those would be relevant if I choose Bank statement/Rental contract as my option.

Would appreciate if someone who's applied for citizenship online can clarify. Here's what I'm talking about:

View attachment 99710
1. Probably not
But you can try your luck
2. Just leave the details not relating to the bank statement blank and see if the system allows you to proceed or not
Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have not ticked it means that you don’t mind a media covered ceremony
Cheers
By mistake I ticked the box and now my answer is “I don’t want media attention ceremony “
What should I do now? Since I can’t do anything through portal

·
Registered
23 Posts
1. Probably not
But you can try your luck
2. Just leave the details not relating to the bank statement blank and see if the system allows you to proceed or not
Cheers
For bank statement do you think issue/expiration and registration date are even relevant?

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
3681 - 3700 of 3734 Posts