Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got a job opportunity to move Australia with 457 visa. I did IELTS and got Overall 5.5 and more than 4.5 each. But my lawyer says that, I need to do the Skill Assessment and the positive result is needed. My current designation is "Agriculture Instructor" and I have 9 years of experience. Even though my designation is "Agriculture Instructor" I was involved in farming activities.During that 9 years I was involved to farming as well, But my layers says that I cannot get 457 visa using that designation. I have to be a farmer. I can get letter to prove the task which has been done by me as a farmer. I need to know that

1. Do I need to do the Skill Assessment in order to get 457 visa as a farmer?
2. My designation will be a problem to pass the skill assessment?
3. What types of things that I have to state in the Service letter?

I am really confusing, pls guide me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm not aware of any need to get a skills assessment as a farmer (it's mandatory for some occupations and farmer is not on the list of those mandatory situations), but hopefully your migration agent is aware of when one is required. He may be telling you to get a skills assessment as a form of evidence that you're qualified to perform the role since your designation is different than the occupation.

If you are working with a migration agent, they should be able to answer these questions. You're the first farmer applicant I recall seeing, so can't really offer many suggestions. For a letter from your previous employers, I'd refer to the occupation definition/description so your letter can confirm how you may have performed these tasks in your roles.

Reactions: senps
1 - 2 of 2 Posts