Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!
my experience so far...

Country of Application: Australia (Aussie citizen even though it says I am from S.Africa)
Type of Application: Settlement fiance visa for UK
Application made on: 23 March 2012
Biometrics taken : 30 March 2012
Application and supporting documents couriered: 30 March 2012
Courier package arrived at UKBA Sydney office: 4 April
Email confirming package opened and prepared for review:
UK Visa Issued Email:

So I have not received an email confirming receipt of my paperwork in Manilla. Is this normal? I am worried.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know what time frame you were given when submitting your biometrics. For me it was 6-8 weeks, possibly up to 12.
I never got any email to confirm that my docs had arrived to the visa processing centre. I got an email nearly 4 weeks after submitting everything saying my application was being reviewed. Exactly 40 minutes later, that same day, I got a second email saying my visa had been approved. It was faster that I thought, but still the wait was nerve racking.
I would say dont worry, if you have a genuine case and meet the UKBA requirements you shouldnt have any problem to get your visa.
Best of luck and try to be patient.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The processing times for Australia are between 12-24 weeks. With most done by the the 12th week. I was concerned as I have not heard if they have received my paperwork yet. I know it was received in Sydney (tracking post) but from there to Manila, I have no idea.
Patience is a virtue...

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
The processing times for Australia are between 12-24 weeks. With most done by the the 12th week. I was concerned as I have not heard if they have received my paperwork yet. I know it was received in Sydney (tracking post) but from there to Manila, I have no idea.
Patience is a virtue...

Thanks for your response.
Recent Australian applicants can chip in here, but my understanding is you don't always (ever?) get email confirmation of receipt of documents in Manila. First thing you hear is email stating that you are granted visa or they have finished processing your application and when you can expect to collect/receive your documents back.
The average processing time is between 3 to 8 weeks, with most done around 4-5 weeks mark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa,

I just checked and the processing times stated on the ukba website for Australia have decreased since December drastically. Only good news for me!
I am curious as to how many applications they get and how many are approved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.