Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI

I am coming to the end of my working holiday visa here in france and i am wanting to get a visa to study here in france, is this possible from France? or from europe for example london? or is it JUST possible from Australia?

Sure anyone on this site knows all too weel how hard and trying visas can be!! any help would be appreciated!

Even if i apply and get into a uni here, will i have to go back home to apply for the visa?

Also once working holiday is up, how soon can i returny on the tourist visa ( 90 days in 180 days?? a week later for example?

cheers to anyone taking the time to read this :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi,

to apply for any visa you need to do so from your home country where you are usually resident. With a WHV it's pretty strict and you're not allowed to simply change your status (with a carte de sejour).

If you check out the student visa requirements on the Sydney Consulate site, I think it asks that you apply through Campus France (which is an online service). If that's not the case, you might be able to apply for a university course while there, but you'll have to keep in mind that you'll need an acceptance letter in order to apply for the visa.

Not sure about when you can return on a tourist visa, it's been spoken about here so someone should know, but I guess it's important that as you leave France you get your passport stamped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey there,

Just to let you know that it is possible to change status from a WHV to a carte de séjour under some circumstances. If you happen to have a French partner, and have been living together for a year and happen to be able to prove that you have made your life here in France (pacs/job/joint bank account etc) you could change apply for a carte de séjour vie privée et familiale.

It's a relatively specific set of criteria, however I thought it worth mentioning in case it applies to you.

All the best and let us know how it turns out.

Glen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.