Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am applying for ACS evaluation as per my skill set for Software Engineer SubClass 189. I though have few doubts and queries before start :-

1. i am bit confused about Employer Reference format. Although the format is available in ACS pdf but still bit concerned before approaching to my previous employer's HR or Manager.(Problem is my manager is out of country so difficult to get signature)

if i go through below ways is the doc enough for ACS evaluation :-

a) If HR gave me my experience with ACS format on company letterhead.(no manager name or sign will be mentioned only HR's)

b) or If my manager recommend me and HR gave me letter on letterhead (though my manager name will be mentioned on letter but no sign).

2. PTE or IELTS ? which one should be better?

I would appreciate who can gave me any format of employer reference that will be sufficient to go ahead. Would really appreciate any help from you all guyz :)

Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi All,

I am applying for ACS evaluation as per my skill set for Software Engineer SubClass 189. I though have few doubts and queries before start :-

1. i am bit confused about Employer Reference format. Although the format is available in ACS pdf but still bit concerned before approaching to my previous employer's HR or Manager.(Problem is my manager is out of country so difficult to get signature)

a) If HR gave me my experience with ACS format on company letterhead.(no manager name or sign will be mentioned only HR's)

b) or If my manager recommend me and HR gave me letter on letterhead (though my manager name will be mentioned on letter but no sign).

I would appreciate who can gave me any format of employer reference that will be sufficient to go ahead. Would really appreciate any help from you all guyz :)

Thanks
1.) Manager signature is only required if you are doing Statutory Declaration.

I got letter from HR on company letterhead with NO information about my manager/supervisor. Only had my information with HR Signature.

2.) Definitely PTE got 84+ in all modules in first attempt

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks
1. a It will do as long as the HR name , Designation, and contact details are given.
It's not compulsory for your manager to sign the reference letter if it's on company letterhead

2. PTEA Scoring is easier then IELTS is the overwhelming view of the members

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1.) Manager signature is only required if you are doing Statutory Declaration.

I got letter from HR on company letterhead with NO information about my manager/supervisor. Only had my information with HR Signature.

2.) Definitely PTE got 84+ in all modules in first attempt

Thanks for information this is very useful. Also I 'm married, to score points for spouse, what all docs are necessary for her.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
HI newbienz ,
want to talk to you ... Have some doubts in applying for AUS PR.
Did you file the PR yourself or took help from any agent ?
If you can help me out with some doubts it will be great.
My skype id is amit384

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. a It will do as long as the HR name , Designation, and contact details are given.
It's not compulsory for your manager to sign the reference letter if it's on company letterhead

2. PTEA Scoring is easier then IELTS is the overwhelming view of the members

Cheers

Thanks for the information, this is useful.
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for information this is very useful. Also I 'm married, to score points for spouse, what all docs are necessary for her.

Thanks
1. Age proof (must me less than 50)
2. Language score report (must be competent in English)
3. Positive skill assessment report from the relevant skill assessment authority.

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
23,959 Posts

Also, one more thing,,, i work overseas and its been 2 yrs,,, do i need to submit PCC from both overseas country and my home country? or overseas are enough.

thanks
Home country PCC you have to give under all circumstances

Other countries PCC only if you have stayed for more then 12months in total over the last 10 years

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts