Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear experts,

I heard from one of my friend that IELTS band 6.5 is enough for a 10+ yrs experience in IT area. Is that true ? please respond...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF you have AT-LEAST 6 in each of the four test components THEN you would meet one of the eligibility criteria BUT won't be able to score any Points for English language ability.

For further details refer to following web-link:

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

dear experts,

I heard from one of my friend that IELTS band 6.5 is enough for a 10+ yrs experience in IT area. Is that true ? please respond...

Reactions: MAKumar

·
Registered
85 Posts
The question is too vague. Here are a few scenarios:

1. You are 50 years old. In that case, you can't get a 189 or 190 visa.
  2. You are 33-39 years old; ACS cuts your years of experience by two years or more and you have less than bachelor's degree -- that's 25 + 10 + 10 = 45 points -- very short of required 60 (or even 55 for 190 visa)
  3. You are 33-39 years old; you get 8 years of experience recognized by ACS and you have a bachelor's degree -- that's 25 + 15 + 15 = 55 points, good enough for 190 visa

Please share more details about you. 6.5 IELTS and 10+ years of experience (of which only the last 10 count and ACS frequently cuts that by 2) are neither necessary nor sufficient for getting a 189 or 190 visa.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response c0da. I am of 36 yrs of age, My IELTS are L-7, R-6.5, S-6, W-6. I did my post graduation in computers and is working from 2005 Jan onwards (10+ yrs) in the software field..

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Was your Post Graduation a Full Time Degree or a Part Time/Correspondence?

What about your Bachelors Degree ?

Calculate your approximate Points using attached sheet.

AGE - 25
English Language Ability - 0
Qualification attained - 10/15 (AFTER ACS skills assessment you would know the exact details)
State/Territory Nomination - 5
Skilled experience in a Nominated Occupation - 10/15 (based on ACS assessment)

Thanks for the response c0da. I am of 36 yrs of age, My IELTS are L-7, R-6.5, S-6, W-6. I did my post graduation in computers and is working from 2005 Jan onwards (10+ yrs) in the software field..

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Jeetendra. my PG (MCA) is full time and prior to that i did my B.com(full time). Can you guide me with the process of ACS please...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts