Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like nobody with 60 point got invite yesterday. I am assuming EOI candidates having > 60 points are only considered until the 1st round of invitation quota for Software Engineer is over. Now once the quota is over all candidates with 60 points remained in the pool along with some candidate > 60 remained on the pool (because the quota for 1st round got full at some point).
Now does this mean, when 2nd invitation round will happen next month, again candidates with 60 points will not be picked up for invite because in the mean time until the 2nd round date reaches more candidate will keep on filing their EOI and if I assume that, on the day i.e. after one month when 2nd round will happen if …
Z= number of candidates = 60 point.
X= number of candidates > 60 point.
Y= total quota for SE during 2nd invitation round.
When X>Z, Z candidates won’t get invite
Unless X<Z, Z candidates would get invite.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thats right. For high demand jobs, it is unlikely that you would invites if you are in 60 point pool during the start of financial year

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having said that, does this mean 60 pointers would not get invite if the pool is always filled with candidates more than 60 points ?
Now is this possible at all that the pool will be always filled with candidate > 60 ?

Feeling scary ...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Possibility is less that it wouldnt happen. But you never know. Australia is one of the very few 1st world country that has migration still open. It depends on the demand. What is your code?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibility is less that it wouldnt happen. But you never know. Australia is one of the very few 1st world country that has migration still open. It depends on the demand. What is your code?
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am applying for Software Engineer - 261313. I have submitted my EOI with 60 pt. on 16th May 2015. Does it make sense at this stage to go for a State sponsor Visa instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When would they update the number of invitations issued for this round ?

Is there anyone on this forum with more than 60 points and yet to receive an invite for the
26**** job code ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looking at the last year's trends 60 pointers should get an invite in August

·
Registered
106 Posts
Friends,

1. Are invites for 2613* occupations only being sent to those who has submitted EOI before July?

My agent told me that these occupations are yet not open to those who submitted the EOI in new financial year in July. Is this true ?

2. Does it makes sense for a 60 pointer to improve his score through english and update the EOI wil 70 points instead of existing 60 (EOI submitted on 1 MAY 15) points? Will he get the invite soon ? Does update of EOI will make its date from MAY to JULY?

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Sachin,
Pls find my answers inline....

Friends,

1. Are invites for 2613* occupations only being sent to those who has submitted EOI before July?

My agent told me that these occupations are yet not open to those who submitted the EOI in new financial year in July. Is this true ?

Your agent is incorrect
If you had 70 points and you had submitted your EOI on 5th July before midnight OZ time you would have been invited. Invitation depends on your score. High score people get invited first then the invitations are sent to same score people but to those who submitted EOI first.

2. Does it makes sense for a 60 pointer to improve his score through english and update the EOI wil 70 points instead of existing 60 (EOI submitted on 1 MAY 15) points? Will he get the invite soon ? Does update of EOI will make its date from MAY to JULY?
Getting your points increased to 70 makes you a high scorer. you would definitely receive an invite in the very next round. Like I said a 70 pointer would usually be invited in the next round even if he submitted on a day before the invitation date.
yes EOI change in score will update the date of effect but wouldn't matter much for a 70 pointer as already explained.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks suku for the reply..I appreciate.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi guys,

I am mechanical engineer and skill assessed by EA. I dont see any mechanical engineer here whether any mechanical engineer get invited or not?

What are the chances for me to get invited in coming rounds like August or Sept???

EOI submitted on 30th June 2015
Age=30 points
Ielts=0 (6.5)
Experience=15
Education=15 (Mechanical Engineer & code 233512)
Total= 60
Visa= 189

Regards

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi All,

Submitted EOI under 2613 with 65 points on 29th Aug 15. Waiting for invite

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Guys

I have submitted my EOI on 26 Aug under 261111 ICT Business Analyst with 65 points. Are there anyone else here with the same kind of profile? Would like to get in touch.
I heard that such candidates can expect invites only in October round.
Also is there any webpage which lists/tracks the present number of invites per job code etc? Would be useful

1 - 16 of 16 Posts