Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stayed with my first host family for 8 months before coming to my current host family. I had my visa renewal appointment in early February, however I had forgotten to get our contract validated by La Dirrecte - I think this is usually the job of the family, anyway... So they gave me a recepisse and an appointment at the end of March and told me to go to La Dirrecte. I went this morning, having zero idea of what documents were needed (couldn't find any info online) and they gave me a long list of documents to bring. My host mom is out of town but I spoke with her on the phone and briefly mentioned some of the documents I didn't know anything about. I mentioned the "extrait de compte de l'URSSAF cotisations" from the previous au pair, and she said "oh we didn't do that, because she was European, I didn't think we needed to". I know nothing about all this, however from some quick internet research I do not see any mention of the URSSAF cotisations being exclusive to non-EU au pairs. If this is the case...Am I screwed in getting a new visa? My recepisse is until early May. It is very important to me that I stay in France because I'm applying for grad school here this fall. I am technically with an au pair agency, however they did not help me find my current family.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? From what I know of the French admin, they will not be kind if I'm missing a document. If this will prevent me from renewing my visa, I want to do anything I can to stay here.

I am in Paris and my first family was in a close Paris suburb.

·
Registered
204 Posts
deburb -- I have no experience with your situation, but since no one else has answered, I thought I would send you a potential lifeline. Jean Taquet is an immigration counsellor in Paris and he has a blog, that I am sure covers your situation: https://www.jeantaquet.com/ He is also available for consultation. Good luck! Cheers, 255

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I couldn't quote because I haven't posted enough to post links.

It's looking like I won't be able to validate a contract with this family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also encountered a visa problem when I went to China for cultural Au Pair, but EPC helped me solve this problem. I stayed in China for half a year and got along well with my host family. I will also go to China for cultural Au Pair next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts