Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
:fingerscrossed:
I have gone through ACS and PTE on my old passport and have submitted my skill select application with the same.
Also, my Au-457 is on the old passport.

Now my passport has been damaged as per the passport officer and I have to apply for a new passport now .
Please let me know how to move forward in this case and what details needs to be updated in my skill select application.
Do I need to re apply for PTE and ACS ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
in case of a damaged passport, you are going to get the same details on the old one unless you specifically want any corrections. i dont think it should affect your pte and ACS. but i will let experts comment on this further.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,842 Posts
Hi Guys,
:fingerscrossed:
I have gone through ACS and PTE on my old passport and have submitted my skill select application with the same.

Now my passport has been damaged as per the passport officer and I have to apply for a new passport now .
Please let me know how to move forward in this case and what details needs to be updated in my skill select application.
In Skill select you have to give your new passport number once you get the same

No further explanation is possible or required at Skillselect stage

Once you have the invite, and you will submit the grant application, you can fill Form 80 and in that where it asks you if you ever held any previous passports, you can give the old passport number.
The CO will be able to connect your PTEA score and ACS assessment with the old passport to your application

In the 457 visa also you have to update the new passport number through immi account

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

In Skill select you have to give your new passport number once you get the same

No further explanation is possible or required at Skillselect stage

Once you have the invite, and you will submit the grant application, you can fill Form 80 and in that where it asks you if you ever held any previous passports, you can give the old passport number.
The CO will be able to connect your PTEA score and ACS assessment with the old passport to your application

In the 457 visa also you have to update the new passport number through immi account

Cheers
Hi newbienz

Thanks for the reply.
I don't see any option to update passport in my skill select account.

·
Registered
23,842 Posts
HI,

Can you please let me know usually how lonf does it take to get your work permit viz. Visa-457?

Thanks
After the 18th April clampdown, the scrutiny for 457 has become very rigorous
Moreover, this visa is in 2 parts in which both the employer and the applicant have to take approvals

The latest DIBP data shows delays of 4-7 months

Cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Vishu,

I guess you don't need to update your PP details in EOI. Please refer below link for more details :

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...9186-passport-renew-after-eoi-submission.html

Once your receive an invite, use new PP from there on and as suggested by newbienz, mention old pp details too wherever required.
What does it mean "Does the client has any other passport in skill select 2nd page " ?

Please confirm if new PP details to be added there ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts