Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all.

Can anyone recomend a competant immigration attorney? I have contacted 2 firms and can't seem to get them to call back. Also, should I even use an attorney or should I just use a migration agent?

I am 43 and have made the decision to move to Australia. My score on the skilled assesment is a passing score of 125. I have no family going with me and have a clean police record. I just know that the time is short based on my age. I could use some advise. Thanks

Rob:confused:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

Karen (another mod in the forum) used an agent for the same reason that they did not have time to waste as they were nearing the age limit. If you feel confident enough, you can do it on your own but looking at your age, you cant really have the luxury of wasting time. Few people used George Lombard. There is another agent regular at the forum, her screen name is SOMV and the website is sortoutmyvisa. Google them and u will find the site. The contact person is Veronika, she write here often, u can search for her in the forum as well (screen name SOMV), the contact details are in her signature.

Make sure you consult a number of them before finalising on one.

Wish you luck

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lightning fast reply Anj. I will take a look at the recomendation you gave. Thanks again.
Rob

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum.

Most people use an agent. We used George Lombard Welcome to Austimmigration | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd. and Karen used Jobs in New Zealand, visa Australia, jobs in Australia, visa NZ - The Emigration Group

We also had an age issue whereby we were cutting it fine to get our application in before my OH turned 45 so using an agent really helped us.

There's no reason why you can't do the application yourself, but I always think it's a good idea just to run it by an agent to make sure you qualify for a particular visa etc.

Dolly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts