Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Swerve just arrived in Dubai. Due to the mayhem that was our last few weeks in the country I have only partially gotten the documents attested. I have my degree certificate, my wife's degree certificate, my wife's birth certificate, her NMC certificate, and our marriage certificate which have all been signed by a notary and stamped by the FCO in the UK.

I was under the impression that I could then go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and get it signed in the office but when I went today I was told they had to be stamped by the UAE embassy in London. Has anyone had a similar issue or know the steps that need to happen next!?

Thanks,

lee

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was told by my employer that I needed to get everything stamped by the EMbassy in London. I eneded up paying the notary to do it for me.

You could give a UK notary a call to see if they will do this for you and send your documents to them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is already signed by a UK notary and stamped by the foreign office, the only bit I'm missing is the UAE bit. Which I assume is just confirming that the FCO stamp is genuine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is already signed by a UK notary and stamped by the foreign office, the only bit I'm missing is the UAE bit. Which I assume is just confirming that the FCO stamp is genuine.
Yup, exactly, but the UK notary can attend the UAE embassy on your behalf to get this stamp. That would save you needing to attend personally.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
If you don't get this done, you won't be able to process your visas, You can use a company to do it for you to save time. There's loads recommended on here, but I've used Blair Consular Services in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts