Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am at the begining state kf the Australia PR process. I have got all the documents that i need to submit to ACS. But i urgently need to know that before submitting can i go for attesting these documents from any gazetted officer (eg. polic inspector, school principals, area local politician) OR i need to specifically go to notary for notarising these documents..????

Please help me out..!!!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi abhishek_1883,

that depends on the laws in your country and who will issue certified copies in the format that ACS wants (Text must be in English or translated and . The appropriate certifying authorities vary from country to country (see examples). In Australia, certified copies from a police officer, justice of peace or pharmacist are perfectly fine. A notary always works but it's usually the most expensive option.

Note that the certification text must be in English or a translation. You can find details on the format in the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines on page 7.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

I am at the begining state kf the Australia PR process. I have got all the documents that i need to submit to ACS. But i urgently need to know that before submitting can i go for attesting these documents from any gazetted officer (eg. polic inspector, school principals, area local politician) OR i need to specifically go to notary for notarising these documents..????

Please help me out..!!!
In India you have to get it attested by public notary. Please make sure it is stamped with "Valid Outside India" words. Notary Seal, Notary name, address, registration number, term expiry and date of attestation are must.

If you are Delhi, you can get it done at Nehru Place.

good luck, apkash

·
Registered
124 Posts
In India you have to get it attested by public notary. Please make sure it is stamped with "Valid Outside India" words. Notary Seal, Notary name, address, registration number, term expiry and date of attestation are must.

If you are Delhi, you can get it done at Nehru Place.

good luck, apkash
Hi Apkash,

Is it required to have the stamp with "Valid outside India"?

Also, I've one more doubt. In the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" PDF document, it is mentioned that "The words 'Certified True Copy of the Original' is required on each page of your certified copy". My copies have the stamp "True Copy". Is it fine, or should the words be exactly same?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi abhishek_1883,

that depends on the laws in your country and who will issue certified copies in the format that ACS wants (Text must be in English or translated and . The appropriate certifying authorities vary from country to country (see examples). In Australia, certified copies from a police officer, justice of peace or pharmacist are perfectly fine. A notary always works but it's usually the most expensive option.

Note that the certification text must be in English or a translation. You can find details on the format in the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines on page 7.

Cheers,
Monika
Hi Monika,

In the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" PDF document, it is mentioned that "The words 'Certified True Copy of the Original' is required on each page of your certified copy". My copies have the stamp "True Copy". Is it fine, or should the words be exactly same?

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Monika,

In the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" PDF document, it is mentioned that "The words 'Certified True Copy of the Original' is required on each page of your certified copy". My copies have the stamp "True Copy". Is it fine, or should the words be exactly same?

Thanks,
Ankit
Ankit, i strongly believe, "True copy" is fine enough to support your documentation. No need to panic about it. just relax.

Reactions: ankit.a

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ankit, i strongly believe, "True copy" is fine enough to support your documentation. No need to panic about it. just relax.
Thanks sathiyaseelan ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Apkash,

Is it required to have the stamp with "Valid outside India"?

Also, I've one more doubt. In the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" PDF document, it is mentioned that "The words 'Certified True Copy of the Original' is required on each page of your certified copy". My copies have the stamp "True Copy". Is it fine, or should the words be exactly same?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Ankit

It is not mandatory to have "Valid outside India" stamping. I got my ACS approved without that. so dont worry bout that :thumb:

And coming to "True copy"... yes, that would suffice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Natary Attestation Front or Back Side

Where we need to have notary attestation on our documents?. Front side or backside of the document?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Where we need to have notary attestation on our documents?. Front side or backside of the document?
Every paper wherever you have statements claimed. Notary seal on each page.

262111 - database administrator
6 nov 2015 - PTE A - 7.3
11 nov 2015 - ACS positive
12 nov 2015 - EOI submitted(65 points) - waiting
13 nov 2015 - Victoria SS applied (65 points) - waiting

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts